Not connected, Your IP: 3.234.177.119
Sign in to follow this  
ru95

HD youtube streaming problem over udp

I realize this maybe more of a youtube issue than a airvpn issue but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  When I use airvpn and try and watch youtube with hd streams over udp it buffers to slow so the playback stops or sometimes the buffer just stops all together.  If i switch the protocol over to tcp most of the time the buffer is faster and plays with no issues but torrent speeds are cut in half over tcp.  I have tried changing the port with the air. client  and my packet timeout setting on my router and nothing  helps anyone got any ideas on how i maybe able to fix this?

Hello!

Normally the opposite is true (UDP over UDP is much better for streaming). Have you checked in the logs if your system experiences packet loss or packet fragmentation?

If in doubt do not hesitate to send us your client logs (taken after some minutes your system is connected) for a check.

Kind regards

I think i fixed the issue I was using chrome so I installed firefox and firefox  was even worse  it even had problems with standard def. video. I decided to try chromium installed the latest  stable build and have had no problems at all I don't get it  chrome is basically chromium with some google crap installed.

ps.  There is a issue with chromium I just noticed when you try read the airvpn forums the tab will crash the only  way it will open the link is right click and say open in new tab window I have  checked other forums as well so far it only appears to do  this with  airvpn 

Hello!

We don't detect any problem with Chromium:

Version 26.0.1410.43 Debian 7.0 (189671)

Which Chromium version crashes in your system when you click the "Forums" tab?

The differences you detect with YouTube videos are also quite puzzling (we do not detect any difference between Iceweasel (Debian), Firefox (Debian), Chrome (Windows) and Chromium (Debian)), just for information do you play them "in Flash" or "in HTML5"?

Kind regards

Hello!

We don't detect any problem with Chromium:

Version 26.0.1410.43 Debian 7.0 (189671)

Which Chromium version crashes in your system when you click the "Forums" tab?

The differences you detect with YouTube videos are also quite puzzling (we do not detect any difference between Iceweasel (Debian), Firefox (Debian), Chrome (Windows) and Chromium (Debian)), just for information do you play them "in Flash" or "in HTML5"?

Kind regards

I'm using chromium 2982  I'm using flash with youtube  chromium is working expect for your website is there a a error log that i can send you?