Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.165.21
Sign in to follow this  
skeleton thunder

AirVPN vs HMA?

I used to me an HMA customer. I liked their speeds and I especially loved the diverse US State/country selection when selecting a VPN. Sometimes I like to watch sports, but they are blocked in my state. I used HMA to connect to a state or a country that the game was not blocked. Does AirVPN have a similar selection of locations that I can choose? After doing research, I feel AirVPN is the safest option to use as far as anonymity goes. I just want to make sure it has the features I want before getting a subscription. Any help for a newbie would be great. Thanks!

Hello!

To begin with, have a look at our servers here (servers stats are updated every 60 seconds):

https://airvpn.org/status

You might also like this service:

https://airvpn.org/forum/10-websites-support/

Be aware that some moderator might delete any competitor name or any advertisement in posts. As a general rule (not that it necessarily applies to your post, of course), moderators are instructed to delete spam and advertisements, even after a message approval.

Kind regards

I used to me an HMA customer. I liked their speeds and I especially loved the diverse US State/country selection when selecting a VPN. Sometimes I like to watch sports, but they are blocked in my state. I used HMA to connect to a state or a country that the game was not blocked. Does AirVPN have a similar selection of locations that I can choose? After doing research, I feel AirVPN is the safest option to use as far as anonymity goes. I just want to make sure it has the features I want before getting a subscription. Any help for a newbie would be great. Thanks!

Was a customer with them once, too. Support and especially server stability is way, way better with Air. It just feels 'right' here, if you know what I mean. I trust the admins and their policies which I cannot really say for most other VPN providers. The automatic routing for certain websites/services is a great bonus, too and the configuration generator/ssl/ssh options are second to none.

Considering server locations... Ask yourself: What locations do you **really** need? I myself do not need servers in very obscure countries that have poor connectivity and no benefits connecting to/from. The Air admins have recently been adding servers left and right in **good** data centers with good connectivity and privacy policies, I personally couldn't ask for more countries/locations right now. I'd rather take those than a +1 server in Cambodia or Turkmenistan (no offence).

Not wanting to sound like a fanboy, but i've tried quite a few providers and am really happy with the service provided here.

I was an HMA subscriber for a year too, and although I wasn't disatisfied, I did decide to review the VPN options after my year was about to expire.

I picked up on the story that HMA had turned over some guy who was a client, and thought his monthly fee entitled him to bulletproof protection, but HMA sure set him straight! ......lol.......They told him flat out, "You can't expect real anonymity for $X dollars per month" (I can't remember how much they charged) But I started thinking......well....if I'm paying for anonymity that doesn't really make me anonymous if someone asks real hard.....uh....what am I paying for?

I'm in the USA and have been queasy about the US "patriot act" for a number of years. I'm not doing anything wrong (unless you call basic human rights wrong) and I've never had any problems with take down or cease and desist or mob complaints, but I don't feel real safe with the non-protection of logging servers with the ILLUSION of security. It's like putting on blinders and walking through east LA at 2am in the morning.

I just hope that AirVPN continues to be so great! Most anonymizers this great get REAL crowded and although I see the numbers going up here, I have had very few real problems and they have always been sorted before I even had a chance to complain.

Yup.......choose AirVPN.