Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.189.177
Sign in to follow this  
tfcdan123

Port Foward- Connection Refused

Hello!

Can you please make sure that the service(s) behind the VPN server are running and listening to the correct ports when the test is performed?

Kind regards

Still same error on the messages page, along with a test on a port checker website.

*Note: 2105 was the port I was testing on the website

U2h8cRq.png

By service do you mean program? Shouldn't any port checker show the forwarded port?

Hello!

If the port checker (any port checker) does not receive any reply, it will indicate the port as "stealth" (or "closed"). If it receives a refusal reply it will indicate it as "closed". You need to have your listening service running and replying while you perform the test. Our servers simply forward packets to your OpenVPN client, they never take the liberty to reply in your place.

Kind regards

Well to put it simply, I am forwarding the ports for my remote automation tool to monitor my work computer. I have used it fine before without the vpn, just forwarded my routers ports. However when I try it with the vpn the server(rat) wont connect.  Also shouldn't it show up when I hit check on the airvpn website?

Well to put it simply, I am forwarding the ports for my remote automation tool to monitor my work computer. I have used it fine before without the vpn, just forwarded my routers ports. However when I try it with the vpn the server(rat) wont connect.  Also shouldn't it show up when I hit check on the airvpn website?

Hello!

Does the server have a bind option? If so, can you please check it, just in case it is bound to your physical interface? When the system is connected to the VPN, the rat server should listen to the tun interface (the virtual network adapter used by OpenVPN). In most cases this is done automatically, but several servers and services allow an explicit bind, so it's worth a check.

Kind regards

At last! seems to be showing up now when I add the port to the tool. Now it shows connected on the messages page

Thank you for all the help!