Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.136.168
Sign in to follow this  
madtulip

uTorrent only over VPN

I fear it has been asked already, but i couldnt find it. I would like to have utorrent work only(or only over) the VNC.

The current idea is to use my eset firewall and create a zone which contains als the air vpn server ips. i would then

- only accept incomming from this zone

- only accept outgoing to that zone

- block else

For some reason this doesnt work. is there a better solution or what am i doing wrong here. i.e. if im connected to Velorum germany and have the ip 46.165.208.107 in the permitted list utorrent still gets firewalled.

thank you very much for your time!

I fear it has been asked already, but i couldnt find it. I would like to have utorrent work only(or only over) the VNC.

The current idea is to use my eset firewall and create a zone which contains als the air vpn server ips. i would then

- only accept incomming from this zone

- only accept outgoing to that zone

- block else

For some reason this doesnt work. is there a better solution or what am i doing wrong here. i.e. if im connected to Velorum germany and have the ip 46.165.208.107 in the permitted list utorrent still gets firewalled.

thank you very much for your time!

Hello!

It can't work, because uTorrent must be able to receive incoming packets from every IP address and must be able to send out packets to any IP address. Remember that when you're inside the VPN, packets to/from any application pass through the tun adapter. When they touch your computer physical network card they are still/already encrypted.

So, a much faster solution is simply dropping any packet out from uTorrent not coming from the IP range 10.4.0.1-->10.9.255.254. That's because: https://airvpn.org/specs - so when you're connected to an Air server your tun adapter will always have an IP inside this range.

If the VPN connection unexpectedly fails, packets from uTorrent will no more pass through your tun adapter, therefore they will not come from the aforementioned IP range and will be dropped by the firewall.

If your firewall does not support application rules, you can set global rules for your physical network interface that:

- accept packets from any address to the entry-IP address of the Air servers

- accept packets from the entry-IP address of the Air servers to any address

- accept packets from your internal network IP range to your internal network IP range (to allow communications inside your own net)

- accept packets to 255.255.255.255 (to allow DHCP)

- drop anything else

Please see here for more details:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=3405&Itemid=142

Kind regards