Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.95.41
Sign in to follow this  
poldi23

ISP dropping and AirVPN "back" connection

Hello,

now, usually I see a lot of comments on VPN dropping and risk showing your real IP address. I have never seen AirVPN dropping and I REALLY like your service and all what you do here in this forum !!!!

I have setup my system like explained "Prevent leaks with Windows & Comodo",

and also set my DNS in my TAP Win Adapter to:

Preferred DNS server:10.4.01 and the Alternate to 10.5.0.1.1 as well as in my router. I hope this is correct too! Router too?

Since I am connected with my ISP through a valid 24h IP address, it will change and I loose connection with AirVPN.

I have noticed, that ones I got a news IP address from my ISP, the connection comes back to AirVPN automatically (takes a while) - only the AirVPN Client is in the "checking mode" forever and never comes back to the "normal view". I have checked with ipleak.net, that it is again connected to the SAME AirVPN server before I got a new IP address.

Now my questions is:

during the change/dropping of my ISO and getting a new IP address and connecting back to AirVPN, is there eventally any leak regarding my IP address or anything else which may cause a security leak?

I can use VPNChecKPro which closes all programs ones I loose my AirVPN connection, but programs may get corrupted during the closings. Not such a good idea!

Thanks for any feedback!

Hello,

now, usually I see a lot of comments on VPN dropping and risk showing your real IP address. I have never seen AirVPN dropping and I REALLY like your service and all what you do here in this forum !!!!

I have setup my system like explained "Prevent leaks with Windows & Comodo",

and also set my DNS in my TAP Win Adapter to:

Preferred DNS server:10.4.01 and the Alternate to 10.5.0.1.1 as well as in my router. I hope this is correct too! Router too?

Since I am connected with my ISP through a valid 24h IP address, it will change and I loose connection with AirVPN.

I have noticed, that ones I got a news IP address from my ISP, the connection comes back to AirVPN automatically (takes a while) - only the AirVPN Client is in the "checking mode" forever and never comes back to the "normal view". I have checked with ipleak.net, that it is again connected to the SAME AirVPN server before I got a new IP address.

Now my questions is:

during the change/dropping of my ISO and getting a new IP address and connecting back to AirVPN, is there eventally any leak regarding my IP address or anything else which may cause a security leak?

I can use VPNChecKPro which closes all programs ones I loose my AirVPN connection, but programs may get corrupted during the closings. Not such a good idea!

Thanks for any feedback!

Hello!

Using VPNCheckPro is not a good idea at all, as you rightly say. Setting up Comodo rules as you did is the safest solution. There can't be leaks in this case. About the Air client remaining forever on "Checking..." it could be related to the DNS you forced on the TAP-Win32 adapter. You don't really need to force them (the TAP-Win32 adapter DNS will be set according to the OpenVPN server push), but if you do, can you please check? It's unclear from your message if they are correct, they must be:

Kind regards

why is vpn checker not a good idea I never had an issue with it?  qbiitorrent t has feature where you can set too only allow traffic through the tap adapter 

Hello!

IP/interface binding is ok! Forcefully killing applications is not: it may allow leaks anyway (between the time of detected disconnection and forced killing) and it may corrupt applications data.

Kind regards

AirVPN Support Team