Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.251.99
jsanon

ANSWERED Do AirVPN relays have my originating IP ?

Hi, i use this service for torrents.

Supposiing i connect to your maidenhead relay, run by UK Dedicated Servers, do they get my originating IP ?

Thanks,

JS.

Hi, i use this service for torrents.

Supposiing i connect to your maidenhead relay, run by UK Dedicated Servers, do they get my originating IP ?

Thanks,

JS.

Hello!

Yes, the VPN server sees your IP address while your machine is connected to it and until it closes the connection, that's quite obvious (it's how the Internet is possible). If you need to hide your real IP address to our servers you have some options, for example:

https://airvpn.org/tor

We have widely discussed on this important argument since years ago, when a stronger anonymity layer is needed (typically for whistleblowers or persons operating in human rights hostile countries, or in any case in which you simply can't afford to trust us), for example here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=54&limit=6&limitstart=6&Itemid=142#1745

Kind regards

Well it's quite impolite to say it's 'quite obvious'.

I think it's quite obvious you should be polite to the people that pay for your service and hence your wages.

You may be technically proficient with VPN's but not all of your paying customers are.

The point of my post was that the relay i mentioned is run by a company called UK Dedicated Servers.

As a paying customer, i have no way of knowing if this is owned by the same people that run AirVPN.

So my, obvious, worry was, if they are not run by the same people that run AirVPN, how secure is my IP and traffic with them.

So let me put my question simply.

Are AirVPN and UK Dedicated Servers owned by the same people, and, by extension, do AirVPN own all of the servers that my traffic exits from ?

Your answer implies that AirVPN does own the servers, but your FAQ implies that they don't, stating :

"The servers datacenters must comply to our requirements for privacy, bandwidth, traffic, peering, net neutrality and usage policy. All these factors together restrict significantly the range of viable choices."

It would be good to have this clarified.

All the best,

JS.

You haven't answered the quesion.

Do airvpn OWN or RENT the servers ?

I hope not all of the staff have your low level of courtesy and tendency to evade the question.

It's a simple question, please answer it.

All the best,

JS.

Hello!

We do both things, although generally renting is our first choice over owning. We do not own datacenters. We are not a tier provider. Renting a server does not increase or lower security over owning it, and vice-versa.

Kind regards