Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.22.220
Sign in to follow this  
gerrysnow

Unable to use a debit card over VPN

This doesn't make any sense to me, but somehow I am unable to make online purchases using my cards over AirVPN.

I've tried bying a game on Steam, paying my bills, and paying for another month of AirVPN while VPN was active.

Everywhere I was told that a payment cannot be processed. As soon as I shut down VPN, I was able to complete all those payments without a problem. I can easily replicate the problem, I tried making more purchases on Steam with/without VPN on, and can only complete the purchases with VPN shut down (using the same card obviously).

I'm guessing that maybe vendors report purchaser's IP to credit card processing center, like authorize.net, and AirVPN server IPs are on a black list of some kind...

If anyone knows the answer please respond.

Thanks in advance.

This doesn't make any sense to me, but somehow I am unable to make online purchases using my cards over AirVPN.

I've tried bying a game on Steam, paying my bills, and paying for another month of AirVPN while VPN was active.

Everywhere I was told that a payment cannot be processed. As soon as I shut down VPN, I was able to complete all those payments without a problem. I can easily replicate the problem, I tried making more purchases on Steam with/without VPN on, and can only complete the purchases with VPN shut down (using the same card obviously).

I'm guessing that maybe vendors report purchaser's IP to credit card processing center, like authorize.net, and AirVPN server IPs are on a black list of some kind...

If anyone knows the answer please respond.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

It's a PayPal security feature. PayPal refuses to complete a transaction if the account holder is logged from any IP address that does not match the previous data PayPal has about the customer country. It can't be ruled out that there are also additional security features we are not aware of. Please contact PayPal customer service for additional information.

Kind regards