Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.23.217
Sign in to follow this  
aldebaran

Having some trouble connecting properly

Hi Guys,

Just subscribed to the service for a second term which means I am pleased with the service and recommend to everybody who is need of it.

I write because i am having a little trouble getting things to work as before. I had to replace the previous computer and remove all that was on there so the previous configuration is no longer available. I installed as recommended, but am getting some error messages to begin with though my account shows it is connected to a server. the messages are as follows when i click on any of the options under air-vpn icon in the notification area:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Second message in the “your forwarded ports”: Not reachable on server IP over the external port 2455, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out

I am therefore not sure if am connected "anonymously" or not. Basically, I want my AirVpn connection so configured, so that when I connect over AirVpn that I can also connect to the internet over my normal ISP connection while using the other computers.

I am working on windows 8, using Speedport W 921V router at 50 MBit/s.

Can you please inform me of any way to fix it in easy layman terms.

Thank you,

Bit

Hi Guys,

Just subscribed to the service for a second term which means I am pleased with the service and recommend to everybody who is need of it.

I write because i am having a little trouble getting things to work as before. I had to replace the previous computer and remove all that was on there so the previous configuration is no longer available. I installed as recommended, but am getting some error messages to begin with though my account shows it is connected to a server. the messages are as follows when i click on any of the options under air-vpn icon in the notification area:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Hello!

Can you please check that the Air client version is the correct one for your system?

Please see here:

https://airvpn.org/windows

Second message in the “your forwarded ports”: Not reachable on server IP over the external port 2455, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out

Please make sure that when the test is performed, the service you want to be reachable from the Internet is already running and listening to the correct port.

I am therefore not sure if am connected "anonymously" or not. Basically, I want my AirVpn connection so configured, so that when I connect over AirVpn that I can also connect to the internet over my normal ISP connection while using the other computers.

Please browse to https://airvpn.org and check the central bottom box after you have completed the connection procedure. The box must be green. If it's red your system is not properly using the tunnel, or is not connected. You can also check here:

http://ipleak.net

Kind regards

Hi Admin,

The version is correct - Windows 8 32 bit.

Also the box is green at both the places/links you specified, but the issue continues to show the error messages.

Bit

Hi Admin,

The version is correct - Windows 8 32 bit.

Also the box is green at both the places/links you specified, but the issue continues to show the error messages.

Bit

Hello!

So the connection is successful but there's an unhandled exception which is not apparently fatal. Does the error message display any additional information about the unhandled exception? The Air client programmer will be notified about it. If you use OpenVPN GUI to connect to a server, is everything all right?

Kind regards

On right clicking the icon in the notification area it shows some options. On choosing "AirVPN Website" it shows the Unhandled exception and when I click on the option to continue it does nothing (the message dialogue box simply disappears). This is true of all options except "Preferences" and "Logs".

The details shown in the unhandled exception are as follows:

ust-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Class not registered

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at Air.MainForm.mnuDetails_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18033 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

AirVPN

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/xxxx/Downloads/AirVpn/AirVPN.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18037 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.Web

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box

Are there any settings that i should alter or add to the windows 8 firewall or any other area? Does the application "AirVPN" need to be added and allowed in the Firewall or any other place? Is there an easy to understand "Step by Step" or "Getting Started" tutorial somewhere.

Thank you,

Bit

I just rechecked on ipleak.net and find that unfortunately it is leaking! I am connected to Corvi in Netherlands and it shows their server IP 2 times and after that it shows 4 times the IP # of my ISP..

In the settings in the OpenVPN I have set it to "Use OpenVPN Config-file Settings".

Thanks

I just rechecked on ipleak.net and find that unfortunately it is leaking! I am connected to Corvi in Netherlands and it shows their server IP 2 times and after that it shows 4 times the IP # of my ISP..

In the settings in the OpenVPN I have set it to "Use OpenVPN Config-file Settings".

Thanks

Hello!

In order to prevent any leak (including DNS leaks and leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnection) please see this guide:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=3405&Itemid=142

If you wish to prevent only DNS leaks just set 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1 as primary (preferred) and secondary (alternate) DNS IP address in your physical network card and modify your hosts file by adding to it the following lines:

85.17.207.151 airvpn.org

212.117.180.25 airvpn.org

which will allow your system to resolve airvpn.org even when it is disconnected from the VPN, because the Air client needs to access airvpn.org during the login phase.

Kind regards