Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.141.6
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s server available: Arrakis

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s server located in the USA is available: Arrakis.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client").

The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Just like every other Air server, Arrakis supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN admins

Thank team AIRVPN

but wanted a server in south america

if everyone in south america records

could put a WARNING

iqual make other vpn

server that logs ip

ae if the guy is committing something illegal

use only those records that do not

or use is at your own risk

Thank team AIRVPN

but wanted a server in south america

if everyone in south america records

could put a WARNING

iqual make other vpn

server that logs ip

ae if the guy is committing something illegal

use only those records that do not

or use is at your own risk

Hello!

Brazil has no mandatory data retention law at all. This is not the problem with Brazil.

When we pick a datacenter, it must comply with some requirements. We have these requirements because we want to provide the same quality experience and the same security on all servers. For example, the datacenter must be network neutral, it must have direct Point of Presence with at least one tier1 provider, the AUP of the datacenter owner must not discriminate against any protocol, the line which the server will be connected to must not be shared (in the sense that it must be able to have always available the bandwidth we declare in the servers monitor), too restrictive limits on the traffic are a no-go (our Gbit servers normally need 70-120 TB per month) etc.

This does not mean that there are no providers in Brazil meeting our requirements, it just means that we have not yet found a provider that can meet these requirements all together. Should we find a suitable provider, of course we would be EXTREMELY happy to offer servers in South America.

Kind regards

Awesome addition! Love the name too!!! I'll be sure to trade my heart plug for yours one of these days :laugh:

FYI, Arrakis was deemed to be in Alpha Carinae (Canopus) by author Frank Herbert. 36 Ophiuchi was the location of House Harkonnen's Geidi Prime, and Delta Pavonis was where Caladan of House Atreides was situated. Sorry, major Dune geek here. And now I think I've figured out what the founders of Air are a big fan of, too lol

Yes indeed. Every AirVPN server is named for a star, planet (in this case fictional planet) or a constellation.

And the names were definitely a selling point for me, lol