Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.205.154
Kafros

connected but still cannot see youtube video

This is strange. I'm connected with the airVPN client. Connected and downloading with utorrent also.

"Show my ip" shows the Bucharest server that I'm connected.

But in Mozilla I cannot see the youtube video that it is banned in Germany. Am I exposed?

This is strange. I'm connected with the airVPN client. Connected and downloading with utorrent also.

"Show my ip" shows the Bucharest server that I'm connected.

But in Mozilla I cannot see the youtube video that it is banned in Germany. Am I exposed?

Hello!

You are not exposed, but please make sure you have disabled geographical location in your Firefox:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/geolocation/

It is a new potentially privacy-infringing feature of HTML5 which tries to disclose and transmit your location regardless of your IP address.

That said, Firefox doesn’t share your location without your permission:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/geolocation

It is also possible that Romanian IP addresses undergo the same limitations that are applied to German IP addresses (for copyright or any other reason). We will check that and update this thread.

Kind regards

OK I disabled geolocation, let's see how this goes.

However at all times the airvpn bottom box was always green.

thanks

here i'm again.

so there it is again. I'm now connected to the sweden server, but the video says

not available to germany.

how can this be explained.

here i'm again.

so there it is again. I'm now connected to the sweden server, but the video says

Hello!

Do you have a Google account, or a YouTube account, which is registered as a german account?

Kind regards

here i'm again.

Hello!

Do you have a Google account, or a YouTube account, which is registered as a german account?

Kind regards

no i have these accounts registered to Greece. It's a weird thing going on. I just wanted to be sure that there is no exposure of my ip.

this is also happening to me, but only the romanian server in bucharest. very weird. So you guys are sure, i am not exposed?

I'm having the same issue. Somehow YouTube knows that the computer is in Germany.

I'm having the same issue. Somehow YouTube knows that the computer is in Germany.

Hello!

If you're connected to Phoenicis, YouTube wrongly identifies Phoenicis exit-IP address as coming from Germany. It's a YouTube mistake, nothing more.

Kind regards

I've tried several of your servers in various countries, disabled geolocation in various browsers, deleted browser caches and cookies, but either YouTube can identify the location of my computer or they're identifying all of your servers as being in Germany.

I've tried several of your servers in various countries, disabled geolocation in various browsers, deleted browser caches and cookies, but either YouTube can identify the location of my computer or they're identifying all of your servers as being in Germany.

Hello!

We don't detect any problem in YouTube geo-location of all the other Air servers, so it's your browser or your system that's telling YouTube that you're in Germany. Please do not hesitate to inform us if you find the "guilty" leaker. HTML5 geo-location is disabled, right?

EDIT:

can you also post a link to a YouTube video not available in Germany that you can't access from Air servers (except Phoenicis)?

Kind regards

For the Netherlands server, geolocation search indicates the Netherlands, but YouTube still sees Germany. Three browsers are behaving identically so it must be my system, however I have location services disabled, so I don't know where the problem lies.

for example:

For the Netherlands server, geolocation search indicates the Netherlands, but YouTube still sees Germany. Three browsers are behaving identically so it must be my system, however I have location services disabled, so I don't know where the problem lies.

for example:

Hello!

We confirm you that the video you have embedded is accessible from every Air server except Phoenicis. The video you have linked is accessible from our Germany servers as well.

You have already made sure that HTML5 geo location is disabled, that cookies and flash cookies have been wiped out and that you are not logged in YouTube with a German account, correct?

If so, just for an additional check, please read here about a user in the USA who had your same problem and make sure that your system is clean from malware:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/zWnsZsxXa0c

Please also test, if possible, with another machine where you run a portable browser to make a comparison.

Kind regards

I don't know if this is the key, but this morning I deleted all web data from the Safari browser, quit Safari, connected to a Netherlands vpn server, and then upon restarting Safari, the blocked videos played as expected not only in Safari, but in Firefox and Opera as well.

I don't know if this is the key, but this morning I deleted all web data from the Safari browser, quit Safari, connected to a Netherlands vpn server, and then upon restarting Safari, the blocked videos played as expected not only in Safari, but in Firefox and Opera as well.

Hello!

Clearly that was the key. It would be really interesting to know which data you have now deleted, that you did not previously delete, because in those data there's the key to understand how YouTube could locate you (wrongly or rightfully, it does not matter) in Germany.

Kind regards

The key appears to be "Reset all location warnings" in Safari. Even if not running or active, Safari apparently has global effects on the operating system, which in turn affects all browsers.

The key appears to be "Reset all location warnings" in Safari. Even if not running or active, Safari apparently has global effects on the operating system, which in turn affects all browsers.

I'm afraid that this is in fact not the key, or not the only key.  The ability of YouTube to geolocate over the VPN servers seems to come and go.  I'm hard pressed to achieve a repeatable scenario and my suspicion is that there is a process in the YouTube code that first checks the IP address and then confirms it with GPS, despite the fact that the system doesn't explicitly allow this.  Since Google bought YouTube, this may be a plausible scenario - maybe someone else knows more.  In any case, it's very disturbing. 

The key is to turn WIFI off.  YouTube, a.k.a. Google, is using a service similar to Skyhook Wireless and can locate you via IP Address, Satellite GPS, Cellular Radio and WIFI hotspots.  So even if Location Services and Geolocation permissions are off and you're connected to a VPN server in Timbuktu, Google can still locate you over WIFI with an accuracy of about 200 meters via your proximity to known WIFI hotspots.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9127462/FAQ_How_Google_Latitude_locates_you_?taxonomyId=15&pageNumber=1&taxonomyName=Mobile%20and%20Wireless

Hello,

I had a similar problem: Although every ip-check/identity check I was doing showed my VPN identity, Google could still identify my country for some reason. Google homepage would show my country's homepage rather than my proxy's. I disabled every html5/browser geolocation etc there is but still..

After a lot of searching I realised that my ipv6 was leaking out although I had it disabled! I'm running ubuntu, so be careful, maybe some of you have a similar problems. Make sure you disable ipv6 and assert that it is disabled every time you reboot.

For some reason, for me it's not disabled by default when I reboot, although I set it this way. It might be some system error or simply some misconfiguration from my part.

I hope it helps.

I think this issue is related to google, in this thread i discuss geolocation , also discussed is the fact that youtube tells i am in germany (using phoenicis server) also  geoiptool.com gives me german ads.

Your response :

" About YouTube, YouTube recognizes the Phoenicis IP address as a german one (a database error)"

and:   

has geoiptool.com also database problems?

Yes, obviously. It's not a database with problem, it's a database with wrong data.

I just found out the ads in geoiptool are served by google, so i think all these location issues point to google.

i am not located in germany but i do wonder what is going on.

I had the same problem with Chrome. The solution is simple:

1. Go to settings

2. Type location in search box

3. Click on content settings

4. Scroll down to "Location"

5. Select "Do not allow any site to track my physical location"

6. Click "done"

I hope this helps

Posted ... (edited)

I had the same problem with Chrome. The solution is simple:

1. Go to settings

2. Type location in search box

3. Click on content settings

4. Scroll down to "Location"

5. Select "Do not allow any site to track my physical location"

6. Click "done"

I hope this helps

I still have the same issue, with the setting above deactivated, same in Chrom or Safari. 

I wonder if the OSX Location Services under Security  & Privacy will also broadcast that you are in germany.

With this option deactivated it seems to work now.

edit:

Ok, now it has completely stopped working. Tunnelblick is on, showing as US server, but Netflix too is seeing my location and does not allow me to log in. I am currently loosing any trust in this system.

Edited ... by heinermeier

I use firefox on win8.1 connected to Netherlands using airvpn client for win8 from Germany and uses google public dns. On ipleak.net I have nothing of Germany but youtube still finds I'm from Germany. I have been trying a lot of things mention in several things mentioned in the airvpn thread, but its not worrking.

I deleted cookies, disabled geolocation.

Help if some one knows a solution.

Youtube also thinks I'm in Germany, the good news is my real location is not Germany

So it's probably not a case of Youtube seeing you're in Germany, it just thinks the dutch IP is a German one for whatever reason.

Really annoying though because a lot of videos are blocked in Germany.