Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.195.215
Sign in to follow this  
padwart

Help with configuring airvpn

Hello, i recently aquired airvpn for one single reason, i live at a student housing, and i have big troubles playing some online games because some udp ports are blocked and i have i have no access to the router.

What i'm wondering is simply, what do i need to do to be able to accept traffic on udp/tcp ports 80, 3074, 88, 53 and 443?

Hello, i recently aquired airvpn for one single reason, i live at a student housing, and i have big troubles playing some online games because some udp ports are blocked and i have i have no access to the router.

What i'm wondering is simply, what do i need to do to be able to accept traffic on udp/tcp ports 80, 3074, 88, 53 and 443?

Hello!

Thanks for your subscription.

You need to remotely forward 5 ports (menu "Member Area"->"Forwarded ports"), all of them both TCP and UDP. Remap the first port to local port 80, the 2nd to local port 3074, the 3rd to local port 88 etc. You don't need the access the housing router.

Kind regards

Thank you for the swift reply, it is, however, still not working.

When i look at the forwarded ports on your site two of the dots are yellow, and says its only reachable over tcp protocol, the other three are gray, and says i cannot be reached.

What causes this?

Thank you for the swift reply, it is, however, still not working.

When i look at the forwarded ports on your site two of the dots are yellow, and says its only reachable over tcp protocol, the other three are gray, and says i cannot be reached.

What causes this?

Hello!

"Yellow" token in your case means that your service could be reached via TCP and not UDP. Probably it listens to TCP port only.

[EDIT] Wrong, in your case it shows that your service is reachable on the real IP.

"Gray" token means that the service was either not running or not listening to the specified local port.

Kind regards

Well, i understood that much. What i meant is, why do i get this message when i did as you previously instructed and forwarded the ports i needed?

Well, i understood that much. What i meant is, why do i get this message when i did as you previously instructed and forwarded the ports i needed?

Hello!

Either because, at the very moment of the check, the service is not listening to those ports, it is not replying or it is not running.

Kind regards

Okay, but doing what you originally suggested, and forwarding the ports, will circumvent my problem, which is that those ports are closed on the router? I still cannot get it working :/

Okay, but doing what you originally suggested, and forwarding the ports, will circumvent my problem, which is that those ports are closed on the router? I still cannot get it working :/

Hello!

Yes, routers ports have nothing to do with remotely forwarded ports. When your computer is in the VPN all packets go to and come from the same port (in our service, either 53, 80, 443 or 2018).

In your case, you have yellow tokens which show that your system is reachable on real IP:port. This shows that your housing router has those ports opened, contrarily to your assumption, and that your game client listens to your physical interface. Try to bind it to the tun/tap adapter with ForceBindIP:

http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/forcebindip

Kind regards