Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.147
Sign in to follow this  
joshmygosh

DD WRT setup issue, no openVPN option at all

I'm following the tutorial at https://airvpn.org/ddwrt/

but under Services>VPN I don't have openVPN option to enable but just PPTP Client

see the screenshot for better idea

and i'm with dd wrt v24-sp2, in the tutorial you are referring to v24 beta, so i suppose this version i have is quite ahead of the beta?

I'm following the tutorial at https://airvpn.org/ddwrt/

but under Services>VPN I don't have openVPN option to enable but just PPTP Client

see the screenshot for better idea

and i'm with dd wrt v24-sp2, in the tutorial you are referring to v24 beta, so i suppose this version i have is quite ahead of the beta?

Hello!

Apparently you flashed a firmware without OpenVPN. What is your router model (not all routers have enough memory for firmware that include OpenVPN)?

Kind regards

it's with 4mb i flashed the standard (std) edition which supposedly had everything and VPN, but they didnt say which one

which one we should flash?

it's with 4mb i flashed the standard (std) edition which supposedly had everything and VPN, but they didnt say which one

which one we should flash?

Hello!

What is your router model?

Also, please evaluate Tomato, now that you need anyway to re-flash a new firmware. If you just need an OpenVPN client on the router, by our and our customers' experience we can say that Tomato is more friendly. Also, several DD-WRT firmwares have a fatal OpenVPN implementation bug. But DD-WRT has some attractive features for the advanced user, so evaluate your needs before picking Tomato instead of DD-WRT.

Kind regards

it's WRT54GL, the one with 4mb

I would prefer to stick with dd-wrt since im already familiar with it

which distribution should i download to have openVPN and not this microsoft vpn solution?

would i be able to use it for both VPN server and client?

it's WRT54GL, the one with 4mb

I would prefer to stick with dd-wrt since im already familiar with it :)

which distribution should i download to have openVPN and not this microsoft vpn solution?

would i be able to use it for both VPN server and client?

Hello!

For your router, please see here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=6525&Itemid=142#6612

The cited firmware has been reported as fully working with our service by different persons.

Kind regards

Since you seem to know quite a lot about the issue with low space on routers (props to you, airvpn!), may I add that I encounter the same problem:

I have a netgear wnr2000v3 deployed with dd-wrt, but I must stick with the 18777 firmware, as the device has not enough space for a newer version of dd-wrt.

So is my only option now to dump all the work I put into dd-wrt and switch to tomatoe or is there any other possibility?

Best,

Rita