Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.197.150
Sign in to follow this  
dcelite

[SOLVED] Problems with your website & P2P issues

Hello

I've been using your services for about a week now and I'm honestly confused if I'm actually "covering my footsteps" so to speak. I tried going into my settings and port forwarding through the main webpage and it says I have the wrong password and username. I logged out and relogged in and tried again and the same thing happened again. It says I'm logged in at the moment and I'm even connected through your VPN client at the moment. Also I purchased your service for the express use of P2P anonymity. I use the vuze client at the moment but is there an easier/more user friendly client to airVPN that I can use. I don't have port forwarding set up at the moment but need too. I recieved a DMCA letter today (for audio books too lol) and I want to button up my system.

Thanks any and all help would be appreciated.

Also I"m running Windows 7 on a 64bit system

Hello

I've been using your services for about a week now and I'm honestly confused if I'm actually "covering my footsteps" so to speak. I tried going into my settings and port forwarding through the main webpage and it says I have the wrong password and username. I logged out and relogged in and tried again and the same thing happened again. It says I'm logged in at the moment and I'm even connected through your VPN client at the moment.

Hello!

Thank you for your subscription.

Since you wrote this message while you were logged in the web site, this admin assumes that you solved the above problem. If not, you have the options to recover your login name and reset your password in the login page.

Also I purchased your service for the express use of P2P anonymity. I use the vuze client at the moment but is there an easier/more user friendly client to airVPN that I can use. I don't have port forwarding set up at the moment but need too. I recieved a DMCA letter today (for audio books too lol) and I want to button up my system.

Thanks any and all help would be appreciated.

Also I"m running Windows 7 on a 64bit system

Vuze is ok. It has the option to bind to a specific interface, an option which most torrent clients lacks. Just bind it to your tun/tap adapter only (please tell us your OS so that we can be more precise) and Vuze will be unable to communicate when the computer is not connected to the VPN, preventing dangerous leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnection while the computer is unattended.

About port forwarding, please see our FAQ:

https://airvpn.org/faq#p2p

Kind regards

The issue with being able to access the settings&port forwarding area of your website has been resolved. I'm still working on resolving the p2p issues.

The issue with being able to access the settings&port forwarding area of your website has been resolved. I'm still working on resolving the p2p issues.

Hello!

Can you please describe the issues?

Kind regards

I'm trying to setup port forwarding through Vuze on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I created a forward port 35497 through your website and in the Vuze options menu under connections I input that port number into the "Incoming TCP listen port" and the "UDP listen port". I the saved this setting and tested my fowarded port with the check feature within your website and recieved the following message in red.

DANGER! Reachable on real IP over the external port 35497, tcp protocol.

I'm trying to setup port forwarding through Vuze on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I created a forward port 35497 through your website and in the Vuze options menu under connections I input that port number into the "Incoming TCP listen port" and the "UDP listen port". I the saved this setting and tested my fowarded port with the check feature within your website and recieved the following message in red.

DANGER! Reachable on real IP over the external port 35497, tcp protocol.

Hello!

Ok, most of the work is done. Vuze is already able to receive incoming connections when behind a VPN server.

Now you need to:

1) close port 35497 on your router (see your router manual)

2) bind Vuze to the TAP-Win32 adapter (see below)

Performing point 2 makes point 1 superfluous.

To bind Vuze to the TAP adapter:

- go to "Tools"->"Options" and under "Modes" select "Advanced"

- go to "Connection"->"Advanced connection settings"

- detect the name assigned by Vuze to the interface "TAP-Win32 Adapter V9.xx" (for example eth1 or something similar)

- insert the interface name (eth1 in our example) in the field "Bind to local address or interface"

- make sure to tick "Enforce IP bindings even when interfaces are not available" (IMPORTANT!)

- click "Save" and shut Vuze down

Now connect to the VPN, launch Vuze and re-perform the port checking. You should get a green token. Finally, leaving Vuze running, disconnect from the VPN to be sure that Vuze bind is effective. If it is, Vuze will lose connectivity after the VPN disconnection, protecting you against leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnection.

Kind regards

I understand the point 2 instructions and I'm currently in the correct menu and I want to

"- detect the name assigned by Vuze to the interface "TAP-Win32 Adapter V9.xx" (for example eth1 or something similar)"

but cannot distinguish the correct one, here's a copied list of whats in the Advanced Network Settings

Example: 192.168.1.5;eth0;eth1[2] will bind the specified IP, to all IPs of the 1st interface and the 3rd IP of the 2nd interface.

The 1st IP will be used for all services, all others are only used for load balancing.

The following interfaces are available:

net8 (Microsoft ISATAP Adapter)

net13 (802.11n Wireless LAN Card-Native WiFi Filter Driver-0000)

net4 (802.11n Wireless LAN Card)

net4[0] fe80:0:0:0:19ed:36ec:e012:a516%12

net4[1] 192.168.1.103

net9 (Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3)

net12 (802.11n Wireless LAN Card-Virtual WiFi Filter Driver-0000)

net11 (802.11n Wireless LAN Card-QoS Packet Scheduler-0000)

net10 (Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4)

eth11 (TAP-Windows Adapter V9-WFP LightWeight Filter-0000)

eth10 (TAP-Windows Adapter V9-QoS Packet Scheduler-0000)

net0 (WAN Miniport (SSTP))

net2 (WAN Miniport (L2TP))

net1 (WAN Miniport (IKEv2))

net3 (WAN Miniport (PPTP))

net6 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter)

net6[0] fe80:0:0:0:f838:1fd3:302d:2aba%14

eth9 (WAN Miniport (IPv6)-QoS Packet Scheduler-0000)

eth4 (TAP-Windows Adapter V9)

eth4[0] fe80:0:0:0:b11a:b02c:e017:1d23%15

eth1 (WAN Miniport (Network Monitor))

eth2 (WAN Miniport (IP))

net7 (Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2)

net7[0] fe80:0:0:0:0:5efe:c0a8:167%16

eth7 (WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)-QoS Packet Scheduler-0000)

eth8 (WAN Miniport (IP)-QoS Packet Scheduler-0000)

lo (Software Loopback Interface 1)

lo[0] 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

lo[1] 127.0.0.1

eth5 (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller-QoS Packet Scheduler-0000)

eth6 (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller-WFP LightWeight Filter-0000)

eth3 (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller)

eth3[0] fe80:0:0:0:a51c:335b:abb1:dbde%11

eth0 (WAN Miniport (IPv6))

net5 (Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter)

net5[0] 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:3c9e:f64:b387:2a32

net5[1] fe80:0:0:0:3c9e:f64:b387:2a32%13

ppp1 (RAS Async Adapter)

ppp0 (WAN Miniport (PPPOE))

net15 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter-Native WiFi Filter Driver-0000)

net14 (802.11n Wireless LAN Card-WFP LightWeight Filter-0000)

net17 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter-WFP LightWeight Filter-0000)

net16 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter-QoS Packet Scheduler-0000)

Now which one do I - "insert the interface name (eth1 in our example) in the field "Bind to local address or interface"

Thanks for all the help so far and yes this probably transparently simple to you but it really isn't to me.