Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.113.30
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Important change on DNS handling

Hello!

Since a few hours ago, we have completely dropped Google DNS.

You are of course free to use Google DNS or any other public DNS if you wish so.

Every VPN server has its DNS server, directly finds out information about the root servers, top level domains and authoritative name servers.

Our DNS servers are neutral, do not ever inject or alter the requests (other services resolve to search results, try to fix typos etc).

Where ICANN or root servers themselves interfer with censorship, we may apply specific censorship fix to our DNS server. See "AirVPN does not recognize ICANN authority anymore" topic for more information:
https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&id=852&catid=3&Itemid=142

Using our DNS allows our customers to use Air anti-geolocation discrimination features. For example, visiting a website that allows only United States connections from a Netherlands VPN server.

It's recommended to use our DNS server to avoid censorship and use our anti geo-IP based discriminations features.

Kind regards

You say: "It's recommended to use our DNS server " i am using 10.4.0.1 as primary (preferred) DNS 10.5.0.1 as secondary dns.

i used to see a google dns server , now i see a local isp dns server, like for example romenia server gives:

IP: 109.163.226.153

Hostname: lh20638.voxility.net

ISP: Voxility S.R.L.

I expected to see a Airvpn dns server.

You say: "It's recommended to use our DNS server " i am using 10.4.0.1 as primary (preferred) DNS 10.5.0.1 as secondary dns.

i used to see a google dns server , now i see a local isp dns server, like for example romenia server gives:

IP: 109.163.226.153

Hostname: lh20638.voxility.net

ISP: Voxility S.R.L.

I expected to see a Airvpn dns server.

Hello!

Perfect, that server is ours in Voxility datacenter.

Of course you are free to use Google DNS if you prefer so (just set 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS of your tun adapter if you run Windows or first nameserver in resolv.conf if you run Linux without resolvconf).

Kind regards

Hello!

Perfect, that server is ours in Voxility datacenter.

Of course you are free to use Google DNS if you prefer so (just set 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS of your tun adapter if you run Windows or first nameserver in resolv.conf if you run Linux without resolvconf).

Kind regards

Excellent ! if it is an airvpn server it's fine.

Yes, hello. No longer google IPs...true.

Still see my own out of tunnel IP sometimes when running DNS leak test.

Yes, hello. No longer google IPs...true.

Still see my own out of tunnel IP sometimes when running DNS leak test.

Hello!

Then you have a DNS leak on Windows. Please fix it as suggested.

Kind regards

I am not an expert....

I set up the my system like you have explained in "Prevent leaks with Windows & Comodo" - everything works fine.

With this new DNS, is there anything I should change? If so, please give me some advice in "easy" words.

Thank you very much for your support!

I am not an expert....

I set up the my system like you have explained in "Prevent leaks with Windows & Comodo" - everything works fine.

With this new DNS, is there anything I should change? If so, please give me some advice in "easy" words.

Thank you very much for your support!

Hello!

You don't need to change anything. :)

Kind regards