Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.66.196
Sign in to follow this  
airvpnusercoin

1. DNS Server/ 2. Use same IP for a long time/ 3. Using Proxy server

I´m using pfsense on my router with AirVPn settings and i´m connected 24h/day. My Setup is using only VPN gateway, non VPN traffic is not going through NAT. Its secure but i have some questions regarding anonymity.

1. Should i use own DNS server entries or let AirVPN doing the job?

2. Woud it be a problem for anonymity if i´m connected to a server for a week for example with the same IP? Or should i consider changing server often?

3. The other newbie question is how i can put username/password in firefox to be able to use the proxy server?

thx

I´m using pfsense on my router with AirVPn settings and i´m connected 24h/day. My Setup is using only VPN gateway, non VPN traffic is not going through NAT. Its secure but i have some questions regarding anonymity.

1. Should i use own DNS server entries or let AirVPN doing the job?

Hello!

As you prefer. Using our DNS will give you the following advantages:

- access to internal services (currently only http://speedtest.air)

- ICE censorship bypass

- access to our experimental service aimed to bypass IP-based geo-location discriminations (for example you can watch BBC iPlayer from non-UK servers and access CBS and Pandora from non-USA servers)

2. Woud it be a problem for anonymity if i´m connected to a server for a week for example with the same IP? Or should i consider changing server often?

In most cases it's not a reason for concern, but if you exchange sensitive, "critical" information (for example if you are a whistleblower, or you live in a human rights hostile country) you should disconnect as soon as the critical information have been imparted or received. This attention is not necessary if you connect over OpenVPN over TOR.

3. The other newbie question is how i can put username/password in firefox to be able to use the proxy server?

Which proxy server?

Kind regards

1. thank you. I deleted all other DNS Server I used and put only the one IP i saw in the connection log of OpenVPN. Checking on dnsleaktest it shows me "We detected the 0 DNS server listed below". So i assume that everything is working.

At whoer.net i see now in field DNS IP my actual Exit-IP, is this so correct? thx

2. I will change the server manually if i need.

3. Regarding proxy server, it was an missunderstanding. I found now hot to configure Tor settings within my Firefox browser but in the moment its not needed to use it. VPN connection is more or less enough.

1. thank you. I deleted all other DNS Server I used and put only the one IP i saw in the connection log of OpenVPN. Checking on dnsleaktest it shows me "We detected the 0 DNS server listed below". So i assume that everything is working.

At whoer.net i see now in field DNS IP my actual Exit-IP, is this so correct? thx

Hello!

Yes, that's correct, you have no DNS leaks. On dnsleaktest.com you should just get the server exit-IP address because we dropped Google DNS completely earlier this day.

Kind regards

I found an another way not to be connected always with same server, i put "remote-random" in my config and added more server ip´s near to my location here. So every 24 hours i got a new ISP IP and a new from AirVPN (i think the chance to have the same one the following day is very less adding more than 10 server in the config)

Thx Admin

Yes, i can confirm this. Great. Thank you admin and airvpn.

btw, i added in my router configuration more than 10 airvpn server using command "remote-random" and it works awesome with pfsense. Every x hours i get now automatically a new airvpn IP.

Back again

I have read the advice AirVPN over TOR and i wanted to try a similar connection with an another proxy.

But I`m preferring to be always connected through AirVPN at first on my pfsense router, if vpn connection is not established no traffic is allowed.

Then I don´t know really to use afterwards a Socks5 or a https proxy server? What would you suggest?

- I want that my ISP dont know which websites I´m surfing

- Websites don´t know my real IP Adress

I changed many Firefox settings and added plugins, Panopticklick is now saying "only one in 5,237 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours" and i think this enough as well.

thx

Back again :whistle:

I have read the advice AirVPN over TOR and i wanted to try a similar connection with an another proxy.

But I`m preferring to be always connected through AirVPN at first on my pfsense router, if vpn connection is not established no traffic is allowed.

Then I don´t know really to use afterwards a Socks5 or a https proxy server? What would you suggest?

Hello!

If you want to connect over a proxy over OpenVPN, first connect to an Air server, then configure the programs that must connect over the proxy over OpenVPN to connect to the proxy.

- I want that my ISP dont know which websites I´m surfing

- Websites don´t know my real IP Adress

This is achieved by OpenVPN alone. Or by TOR alone. If this is your only purpose you can just connect over OpenVPN, without any proxy, for best performance.

Kind regards