Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.83.8
Sign in to follow this  
w0rdl

My Comodo firewall setup is not stopping comms once the VPN is broken + other issues

Hi,

Im running Win7pro on a machine with comodo firewall (version 6) installed and configured exactly (i think) as is instructed in this forum topic:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=3405&Itemid=142

I am using the AirVPN client.

Item 10 on the Comodo configuration list allows communication with the airvpn server. In my comodo config i have allowed the Leporis server only.

My issue is that when i disconnect from the VPN i can still access the internet.

I can also access the internet when i connect to an AirVPN server other than Leporis.

Something is obviously wrong but i don't know enough about networking to diagnose it myself.

I've attached is the list of global rules i've set up in Comodo. I do wonder if ive broken things by clicking "allow" when prompted by Comodo but i was sure that the global rules should over-rule anything that i might allow.

Could someone please take a look and help me fix this?

Thank-you

Could someone please take a look and help me fix this?

Thank-you

Hello!

Your Global Rules look fine, can you send us the Network Zones as well?

Kind regards

also attached are network zones and application rules.

Note that i'm not using the entry IP Network Zone - the Leporis server is hardwired in the global rules.

Not sure how to get logs from comodo..

also, the latest version of comodo changed recently (i have the latest version) which might contribute to my issue although i don't know how.

also, the latest version of comodo changed recently (i have the latest version) which might contribute to my issue although i don't know how.

Hello!

We can't see the Network Zones here in the forum, by the way the Network Zones we could see from your e-mail show a mistake which causes the problem. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards

Hi,

One issue was that for my home zone i had 192.168.0.0/192.168.255.255 (subnet mask) instead of what it should have been which is a range of ip4 addresses 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255.

It seemed to fix the problem - i couldn't access the internet without the airvpn running. Then i tried with airvpn server that wasn't configured in my global comodo rules and again - couldn't access the internet.

I then connected to the airvpn server that was configured in comodo and i could access the internet. Using a website to see my IP it looked like i was in the Netherlands.

I then disconnected the AirVPN client and.... I could still access the internet. In fact, i'm typing this now with no AirVPN client running. The same website could see my real IP.

I've attached the network zones and my application rules because there still seems to be something wrong.

I'm going to restart pc now and see if it's true that i can only access internet after i've successfully accessed the internet through the AirVPN server first.

Thanks.

i'm using tor browser bundle and there's a problem with attaching files. When i click on "add file" i get the pop-up browser window, the select a file, click OK but the file doesn't appear to be attached.

I then add the next two files the same way but i suspect it's only actually adding the last file i attach.

And, because my posts are being moderated i can't then look at post to see what files have been attached until later.

assuming that only the last file attached works for me (as it did in my first post) i'll attach one at a time.

i restarted my pc and internet explorer had access to the internet without the vpn.

i then started the vpn and logged in to a server that wasn't allowed in my firewall rules and i could still access the internet.

I've got no idea what the problem is.