Not connected, Your IP: 3.128.171.246
Sign in to follow this  
orkip@kc.rr.com

I almost always get the same 10x adresses everytime I connect to each server

In a earlier post I asked if the 10x number was my private address and was unique per session the admin replied and said that was correct. Why do i almost always get the same 10x addresses for each of those severs every time I connect.? ether that 10x address is not unique or assigned to your user account it looks like a big privacy concern.

In a earlier post I asked if the 10x number was my private address and was unique per session the admin replied and said that was correct. Why do i almost always get the same 10x addresses for each of those severs every time I connect.? ether that 10x address is not unique or assigned to your user account it looks like a big privacy concern.

Hello!

Our OpenVPN servers DHCP-push to your OpenVPN client addresses in the ranges here reported:

https://airvpn.org/specs

Each server can't assign more than 65534 addresses for each listening port (i.e. well beyond the number of clients structural limit that a single OpenVPN server can handle).

It's absolutely not a privacy concern, under no circumstance. They are private IP addresses inside our private network and it's just how OpenVPN in routing mode (with a NAT) works. We are curious, why do you think they can imply a privacy concern?

Kind regards

Hello!

Our OpenVPN servers DHCP-push to your OpenVPN client addresses in the ranges here reported:

Each server can't assign more than 65534 addresses for each listening port (i.e. well beyond the number of clients structural limit that a single OpenVPN server can handle).

It's absolutely not a privacy concern, under no circumstance. They are private IP addresses inside our private network and it's just how OpenVPN in routing mode (with a NAT) works. We are curious, why do you think they can imply a privacy concern?

Kind regards

It's not a a privacy concern on the outside but on the inside of the vpn

if a user always has the same 10x address if would be a way to keep track of each user.

Hello!

Kind regards

if a user always has the same 10x address if would be a way to keep track of each user.

Hello!

How would that be any different from having a different VPN IP at each connection (anyway VPN IP addresses are dynamic)? A malignant VPN administrator can do that in any case: having a static or a dynamic private IP does not change anything, it does not make it any easier or any harder.

Kind regards

How??

I don't understand your concern at all. Sorry.