Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.99.151
Sign in to follow this  
Zhriver

Origin, Singapore vpn.

I've been trying get a headstart with Simcity, it launched earlier today in Singapore. However logging into origin from any of your Singapore servers still nets me the US release schedule. Why is that?

In the end I had to switch to a competing vpn to get it working.

I've been trying get a headstart with Simcity, it launched earlier today in Singapore. However logging into origin from any of your Singapore servers still nets me the US release schedule. Why is that?

Hello!

No idea, the Singapore servers exit-IP addresses are correctly identified as located in Singapore by most IP geo-location tools.

Kind regards

What a scrap... it's hardly possible to take it seriously. Such a statement must be from a competetive service-provider. In last time there are too many trolls here...

What a scrap... it's hardly possible to take it seriously. Such a statement must be from a competetive service-provider. In last time there are too many trolls here...

Hello!

True, Air growth is causing more and more trolls to infest the forum. Most spam is filtered either automatically or by the moderators, anyway we'll harden moderation to maintain the forum to its purpose, i.e. technical support and ideas/information/discussions exchanges between users, customers and administrators.

Kind regards

Hello!

True, Air growth is causing more and more trolls to infest the forum. Most spam is filtered either automatically or by the moderators, anyway we'll harden moderation to maintain the forum to its purpose, i.e. technical support and ideas/information/discussions exchanges between users, customers and administrators.

Kind regards

Indeed, I fear that's exactly the case. Growing more and more leads to an unpredictable situation with a great potential of problems, in addition to all the trolls around! Reading lots of threads I recognise quite often that many people lack elementary knowledge of network functionality. But their ignorance alone is not any problem. The problem starts at the point where people draw wrong conclusions because of their ignorance and firmly believe in their false truth, not being aware of the fact that the only reason why they believe in their dogma is the absence of information and knowledge.

It's of course quite usual to ask questions, and of course even basic ones, as this is one purpose of such a forum. But on the other hand, people simply fail in checking already existing information around the forum. There're some questions already asked one hundred times (which are answered two hundred times). And above all, most of the users know that they aren't any experts in how networks work in detail, so in this case it would make sense to choose the right 'tone' when making assumptions or asking questions. Sporadically some statements are absolutely impudent.

As I'm a member as well here on Air I hope that the growth and development of air won't change its philosophy and won't harm the quality of the service in future. You admins are always responsive, polite and persistent... this is decisive for a brilliant service. So I wish (if I had one wish) that these fundamentals of great service will keep up in future...

cheers,

mich