trainwreck666 0 Posted ... (edited) Attached are my system report and log files generated by the Eddie client. I have been using an older macbook for years running severly outdated OS and Eddie software. MacOS: 10.9.5 Eddie version: 2.16.3 This was the last version I was able to get to work on a consistent basis. As of today I no longer populate a server list when attempting to connect. I am unable to launch the newest version of Eddie (26) after installing. It simply does not open. Same issue persists in version 24. I am able to launch versions 18-20, however no servers appear as well, and opening the preference pane crashes the application. Any help would be appreciated; I'm sure my severly outdated everything is the culprit but I am still naively hopeful for any solutions as the service was working for me as recently as 24 hours ago. Eddie_20260930_114122.txt eddiereport.txt Edited ... by trainwreck666 Quote Share this post Link to post
Staff 10652 Posted ... @trainwreck666 Hello! Thank you for the report and for explaining which Eddie versions you have already tried. Since newer Eddie versions do not work on your current system, you could try Tunnelblick 3.5.26, which is listed for OS X 10.4-10.9 on the developers' official download page: https://tunnelblick.net/downloadsDeprecated.html Please note that the developers explicitly warn that this legacy version contains serious security vulnerabilities. This is a temporary compatibility option, not a secure long-term solution. We recommend moving to a maintained operating system and current VPN software when possible. To try it: 1. Fully quit Eddie and install Tunnelblick 3.5.26. If downloading fails in your old browser, download it on a newer computer and transfer the installer. 2. Sign in to https://airvpn.org/generator/ and enable Advanced mode. Select the OpenVPN 2.4 profile, choose an IPv4 connection and your preferred server, then download the configuration. 3. Import the configuration into Tunnelblick, select its OpenVPN 2.4 engine for that connection, and try connecting. This bypasses Eddie's server list. An empty list in an old Eddie version does not necessarily mean that a standalone OpenVPN client cannot connect. If the connection fails, please post the Tunnelblick connection log. Kind regards Quote Share this post Link to post
Tech Jedi Alex 1575 Posted ... On 9/30/2026 at 5:52 PM, trainwreck666 said: Eddie version: 2.16.3 This sets the record for oldest Eddie client still in use in 2026. Wubba-Lubba-Dub-Dom Nice hostname. Simple, easy to remember. Quote Hide Tech Jedi Alex's signature Hide all signatures NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT. LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too! Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page. Share this post Link to post