Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.255.113
Sign in to follow this  
ihatespys

New member with few questions.

I just recently became a member, I read and read and read up on your forums and with new six strike crap I thought I would give your service a shot. I am curious if I have this setup correct?

I went into my local area connection left my IP to be obtained automatically and set my DNS servers to google ones. DNSleaktest shows me as google wandering if that will still come back at me or should I set my DNS to something else?

Do I need to use a firewall? I see everyone trying to use one. I always have used one built into Windows 7.

I basically just torrent with VPN, but woulnd't hurt to also use to get into sites since more and more are becoming blocked in different regions.

How often does VPN disconnect or it pretty steady for most part. Don't want to go to sleep and it kick me with me downloading or something.

Sorry for ranting and zillion questions lol

I just recently became a member, I read and read and read up on your forums and with new six strike crap I thought I would give your service a shot. I am curious if I have this setup correct?

I went into my local area connection left my IP to be obtained automatically and set my DNS servers to google ones. DNSleaktest shows me as google wandering if that will still come back at me or should I set my DNS to something else?

Hello!

The so called six-strikes, which in reality means that your ISP actively spies on your traffic, are not affected by DNS queries. It is very, very important that you prevent leaks in case of VPN unexpected disconnection, especially when your system is unattended. While our servers are highly stable, a disconnection may occur for several reasons even out of your ISP and our control. We have several guide which will guide you step-by-step to set up firewall rules in order to prevent any leak. You can find them in the link on the forum announcements section. Click on the guide pertaining to your OS.

https://airvpn.org/forums

Kind regards

i Was going to make a new Topic about this but since you made one i'm going to ask my question here Thanks .

so yea tomorrow i'm going to get Fios and yea im pist with the new 6 strike thing in the past i got letters from Optimum twice good thing nothing happened . So the thing is im new to all this VPN stuff like idk nothing about it all i know it just changes your ip to make you invincible when your browsing etc. i like to download with uTorrent/Thepiratebay and i don't want to get caught by my isp or who ever. Does AirVPN helps with that does AirVPN help with Teamview cos one thing i know idk how to setup nothing ? Thanks for the help

i Was going to make a new Topic about this but since you made one i'm going to ask my question here Thanks :).

so yea tomorrow i'm going to get Fios and yea im pist with the new 6 strike thing in the past i got letters from Optimum twice good thing nothing happened -_-. So the thing is im new to all this VPN stuff like idk nothing about it all i know it just changes your ip to make you invincible when your browsing etc. i like to download with uTorrent/Thepiratebay and i don't want to get caught by my isp or who ever. Does AirVPN helps with that does AirVPN help with Teamview cos one thing i know idk how to setup nothing ? Thanks for the help :)

Hello!

Yes, you have full customer support for your purposes, but we do NOT provide support via direct connections to your computer with Teamviewer.

Kind regards

Wasn't really that much to setup. Just download there Air Client thats what I chose to use anyway, use your username/pass to log in and choose server you want. I also setup a static DNS in my local connections you can use Googles if you wan't. They say to setup a firewall, but I am not really all that good with firewalls and instructions are there just sorta hard to understand. I use dnsleaktest just google it, and it will show your IP and country like say you chose Germany for your VPN server then it will scan and show like 4 addresses just look at DNS and hope it don't show your current ISP in any of them. I don't explain it all to well best I can offer is to try to contact them personally maybe they do one on one.