Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.34.105
Sign in to follow this  
deadpoolcc

Further to previous question on initial setup - BitTorrent guide

Hi Admin,

I'm coming to the end of my trial and am definitely interested in carry on with my membership, but i have to confess I'm totally clueless about things like this. Could yu answer these (very basic) questions?

I've managed to set myself up on my on my Macbook running Mountain Lion on the Carinae server and everything seems fine (it's connected and my IP address changes), but are there any other things I need to do apart from simply connecting through Tunnelblick? Any other precautions? I'm pretty clueless any I sort of feel like it's too good to be true and that I'm bound to be missing something...

Any further info you could give me would be appreciated, and don't be afraid to answer like you're talking to a total n00b!

Hi,

further to my previous question - I'm am mainly using AirVPN for BitTorrent. I'm using a Macbook, OSX 10.8.2, and I want to check if I'm doing this right. I've set up my VPN, and it's connecting fine, but I'm unsure if there's anything I need to do with my BitTorrent settings. I have created a forwarded port, and added it to the incoming TCP port in the BitTorrent network preferences. The connection status says that it is working. Am I protected now? is there anything else that I need to do? Simple, step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

Hello!

Nothing else is needed for good torrenting.

The next step you might like to evaluate is setting up firewall rules to prevent leaks of your real IP address in case of unexpected VPN disconnection. According to your Mac OS X version, please see the guides for ipfw (if you run Mac OS X 10.5 or lower) or pf (if you run Mac OS X 10.6 or higher). The guides are linked permanently in the forum announcements section

https://airvpn.org/forums

Kind regards

Hi,

further to my previous question - I'm am mainly using AirVPN for BitTorrent. I'm using a Macbook, OSX 10.8.2, and I want to check if I'm doing this right. I've set up my VPN, and it's connecting fine, but I'm unsure if there's anything I need to do with my BitTorrent settings. I have created a forwarded port, and added it to the incoming TCP port in the BitTorrent network preferences. The connection status says that it is working. Am I protected now? is there anything else that I need to do? Simple, step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

As per the previous question, is it necessary to make ANY changes to BitTorrent in order to be protected?

The previous poster created a forwarded port and added it to the incoming TCP port in BitTorrent network preferences. Is this necessary? Won't the defaults, as long as performance is adequate, work safely? Also a newbie. Thanks!

Hi,

cheers

Tried to put this in already--sorry if duplicated.

As per the previous questioner, can one just leave BitTorrent settings with default settings and not create a forwarded port, etc? I've made no changes to BitTorrent, it works fine, but I would like reassurance that I don't need to do anything other than ensure that TunnelBlick is on while using BitTorrent.

Thanks!