Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.172.85
Sign in to follow this  
NaDre

is Windows XP still supported?

I have just been trying to help a fellow member of a private tracker start using AirVPN. I just learned that they are trying to do this using Windows XP!

They were trying to use the latest OpenVPN client (not AirVPN client), since this is what I am familiar with. And they are being warned that installing the TAP driver may destabilize their system. I can believe this may be true.

Does anyone know what the latest version of the OpenVPN client (or the AirVPN client if it goes back far enough) was that worked on XP? And does anyone know if that release will work with AirVPN?

Thanks.

I have just been trying to help a fellow member of a private tracker start using AirVPN. I just learned that they are trying to do this using Windows XP!

They were trying to use the latest OpenVPN client (not AirVPN client), since this is what I am familiar with. And they are being warned that installing the TAP driver may destabilize their system. I can believe this may be true.

Does anyone know what the latest version of the OpenVPN client (or the AirVPN client if it goes back far enough) was that worked on XP? And does anyone know if that release will work with AirVPN?

Thanks.

Hello!

Our servers will accept connections from any client based on OpenVPN version 2.1.3 or newer. Older versions might work but we have not tested them with our directives (all in all we're talking of at least 7 years old software). On Windows XP SP3 we would recommend to try OpenVPN 2.2.2 or the latest OpenVPN 2.3.0 which fixes a lot of issues and glitches with the tun/tap adapter driver.

Old versions are available here:

http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads/471-old-releases.html

Kind regards

I am using Windows XP, SP3 with the client downloaded from AirVPN. The OpenVPN client is listed as v 2.3.0. I believe that there is a warning during the installation that something is not certified by Microsoft. The installation instructions said to ignore that warning and I did.

I have now also used the latest AirVPN client myself on Windows XP with no problem, using a virtual machine that I restored from an old archive and brought up to date.

Thanks for the responses.

Hello Guys i am using cisco vpn client version 5.0.07.0290 for windows Xp and windows7.I think that microsoft windows xp clients are working fine while windows seven client are able to connect but unable to access network.Thanks!!