Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 216.73.217.175
Sign in to follow this  
PresterJohn

ANSWERED Can't get HighID on aMule...

Recommended Posts

I've opened ports here on AirVPN, the same ports are opened in my firewall on my server. Still I can't get HighID on aMule. The port tester shows the first, TCP, port as open while getting stuck on the two UDP-ports. And I have ports opened for Transmission and SLSKD which which shows as open. So I would assume it is a problem with UDP-ports here on AirVPN. Or am I completely wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, PresterJohn said:

I've opened ports here on AirVPN, the same ports are opened in my firewall on my server. Still I can't get HighID on aMule. The port tester shows the first, TCP, port as open while getting stuck on the two UDP-ports. And I have ports opened for Transmission and SLSKD which which shows as open. So I would assume it is a problem with UDP-ports here on AirVPN. Or am I completely wrong?


Hello!

AMule uses both TCP and UDP protocols for different functions. TCP is primarily used for client-to-client transfers and connections to eDonkey servers, while UDP is used for extended protocol features, according to Wikipedia. For your account you have forwarded a few UDP only ports. Please change them to "TCP and UDP" and test again.

Furthermore, if your system is Windows, make sure that the Windows Firewall (or Defender etc.) allows incoming packets for aMule on both private and public networks: if the VPN is considered a public network (check it out) by default incoming packets will be rejected or dropped.

Kind regards




 

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, solved it by opening the ports as TCP/UDP and then binding amule-daemon to the interface. Ports still don't show as open, but I do get HighID. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, PresterJohn said:

Ok, solved it by opening the ports as TCP/UDP and then binding amule-daemon to the interface. Ports still don't show as open, but I do get HighID. Thanks!


Hello!

Excellent. We also see the ports as open, we can reach your service(s) from the Internet and we receive back a proper reply. The port tester is successful but remember that the test is only over TCP.

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...