Not connected, Your IP: 3.12.36.30
Sign in to follow this  
barbmay

I'm completely lost!

After reading positive reviews I just purchased a subscription. And now I'm completely lost. All I want to do is protect my bittorrent downloads. There ought to be simple, step-by-step instructions for doing this but there aren't. instead, the information presented on your web site is overwhelming -- and I am not a computer novice either.

First problem: The instructions say, "Download and run the AirVPN client"

The only thing I see to run on my start menu is called "OpenvpiGUI" so I run it but the screens don't look anything like the illustration on https://airvpn.org/windows/

So I search around and find Airvpn in a subfolder of the folder where the downloaded files are. I run it and it says: This application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Is is asking too much for you folks to make this a little easier for people who just want some p2p protection?

After reading positive reviews I just purchased a subscription. And now I'm completely lost. All I want to do is protect my bittorrent downloads. There ought to be simple, step-by-step instructions for doing this but there aren't. instead, the information presented on your web site is overwhelming -- and I am not a computer novice either.

First problem: The instructions say, "Download and run the AirVPN client"

The only thing I see to run on my start menu is called "OpenvpiGUI" so I run it but the screens don't look anything like the illustration on https://airvpn.org/windows/

Hello!

In order to connect to one of our VPN servers, you can use either the OpenVPN GUI, the Air client for Windows, or any other OpenVPN wrapper you like. If you use the Air client, consider that it is portable, it does not need any installation, so just run it after you have decompressed the archive you have downloaded. The Air client needs the .NET framework, which is available by default on all Windows version.

If you have customized Windows to avoid the .NET framework and/or you have uninstalled it, please download and install it from the provided link in the Windows instructions page, or just use the OpenVPN GUI (i.e. ignore the Air client), which does not require the .NET framework.

The error you get might also be caused by running the wrong client version: for example, running the 64 bit version of the Air client in a 32 bit operative system. Please check it out.

Kind regards

Thanks for the quick response. The error is probably caused by .NET framework but since I kept fiddling with the OpenVPN GUI till II got connected using that I'll leave well-enough alone and just stick with it. It is pretty easy to use, after all. And the information is on your web site, so what can I say? Thanks!