Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.103.8
Sign in to follow this  
tKeXX4iS

Anonymity

Am I correct to assume that even if I pay for AirVPN with paypal (not anonymous) because all my traffic is encrypted and there are no logs kept, all my activity is private?

Ie can any of my private activity be tracked back to the AirVPN account and the paypal used to sign up?

Also, what about signing into personal sites while using the VPN ie, Facebook, email, banking etc - Is this ok to do or should it be avoided?

Am I correct to assume that even if I pay for a subscription with paypal(not anonymous), because all my traffic is encrypted and no logs are kept, there is no way to associate my activities to my AirVPN account?

Also, is it advisable to avoid logging in to personal websites while connected to the VPN, ie Facebook email etc? Or is this ok to do if you want to remain anonymous?

Am I correct to assume that even if I pay for AirVPN with paypal (not anonymous) because all my traffic is encrypted and there are no logs kept, all my activity is private?

Ie can any of my private activity be tracked back to the AirVPN account and the paypal used to sign up?

Also, what about signing into personal sites while using the VPN ie, Facebook, email, banking etc - Is this ok to do or should it be avoided?

Hello!

A PayPal payment may be used as a proof that the account holder sent money to use our service. It says nothing about how the service was used, it does not even say anything about whether the service was actually used or not by the Air account activated by that payment. Of course, if you don't wish to reveal your identity through a PayPal payment, you should subscribe via Liberty Reserve or even better Bitcoin.

Kind regards

To answer this last question:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=6743&Itemid=142

Executive summary: signing into sites that have your real name identifies who's using your AirVPN session, and you can be tracked from website to website. You'll have to take additional measures to ensure you're as anonymous as possible.

So as I understand it, you dont keep records that link my paypal account to my traffic, but there would be records of course on my paypal account saying that I bought an account on AirVPN, which proves that I paid for VPN service, but says nothing about whether I used it.

What about the traffic on my ISP? Cant they see that I'm using mass amounts of bandwidth connecting to the AirVPN site? Or is there not really a dns-based entry for what I'm connecting to?

So as I understand it, you dont keep records that link my paypal account to my traffic, but there would be records of course on my paypal account saying that I bought an account on AirVPN, which proves that I paid for VPN service, but says nothing about whether I used it.

Hello!

That's corrrect.

What about the traffic on my ISP? Cant they see that I'm using mass amounts of bandwidth connecting to the AirVPN site? Or is there not really a dns-based entry for what I'm connecting to?

Of course, your ISP can see that all your traffic is from/to one or more servers (not the web site) you connect to, regardless of DNS records.

Kind regards

I read the info on the linked page but I am still not quite sure what the answer to the above question was and it is really very relevant to me personally. Please clarify in simple terms.

Thanks.

I read the info on the linked page but I am still not quite sure what the answer to the above question was and it is really very relevant to me personally. Please clarify in simple terms.

Thanks.

Hello!

With Facebook and some other social network and with Google services, mixing identities can open the road to potential identity correlations even to third-party services which use Facebook integration/authentication.

About your bank, the risk should be zero. Anyway it seems useless to use a VPN to access home banking in order to have an anonymity layer, because the bank surely knows your identity regardless of your IP address. Using a VPN to access home banking may be useful in some rare circumstances, where your connection might be hijacked to make you believe you are accessing your bank while in reality you are not (to steal your login credentials, for example). However, if the hijacking comes from inside your system (malware which modifies your hosts file, spyware like keyloggers) a VPN is powerless (keep in mind the golden rule: a VPN does not protect you against virus, spyware and malware in general).

Kind regards

It's perfectly alright in my opinion. The site you login to will know your identity then obviously, but nobody else. They could theoretically share that you are using that IP, but so are loads of other people connected to the Air server.

It's certainly save!