Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.182.98
Sign in to follow this  
sandrovaldavid

disconnect/reconnect voip port change problem... anyone seen this or have theories?

Background:

My system is behind a dd-wrt router.

I'm signed with a voip provider who blocks login on one or two of the airvpn servers near me, but I finally found one where I can log in and register my ATA adapters without a hitch.

Problem:

Every time I lose connectivity to airvpn, when I get back on line, the ATA adapters won't log in to the same sip ports. I need to go in and change their sip ports to alternate addresses, after which everything is fine - until the next time.

Any idea what's going on?

My isp sometimes does a midnight reboot that kills the phones until I fool with this again... so I'm at the ports every day or so.

I suppose there is a way to assign static ip address to the ata's and bypass airvpn for voip...?

It would work, but it's a last choice as they throttle bandwidth considerably when they see me using voip....

-Thanks!

Hello!

Yes, DD-WRT supports Policy Based Routing with multiple routing tables. If you're curious, start from here to get an idea:

www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Policy_Based_Routing

and then have a look here:

www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN

So you might decide, for example, that 192.168.1.101 uses the tunnel, while 192.168.1.102 does not. Once you have found a way to assign a static home network IP to your VoIP device, you can have it always outside the tunnel.

Kind regards

Might not be needed, my provider added a server side NAT keep alive to the account.

So far, so good!

-------------------------------------

As for the example, let me make sure I understand this:

ip rule add from [source IP]/[netmask] table 200

ip route add default via [gateway] dev [interface] table 200

ip route flush cache

So, in my application, to let 192.168.1.10 through 192.168.1.29 bypass openvpn, with a dsl modem ahead of my router at 192.168.254.254, using PPPoE, I'd do this?

ip rule add from 192.168.1.10/20 table 200

ip route add default via 192.168.254.254 dev ppp0 table 200

ip route flush cache

Not sure if the dls modem address is the proper target address, and don't understand what "table 200" is about?