Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.49.81
Sign in to follow this  
j0pad0pa

VPNCheck vs. VPNCheck Pro

I'm all for purchasing the paid version of software when the feature set is useful to me.

I am running the free version of VPNCheck (Guavi.com), and I have my Comodo firewall set up per the instructions on this forum to eliminate DNS leaks.

I was wondering about the other features of VPNCheck Pro -- MAC address hiding, and Computer ID hiding. I didn't see any forum posts on either of these topics, and I was wondering 1) whether these two features are useful and/or relevant when the software is used in conjunction with the AirVPN software, and 2) whether there are free alternatives that do the same thing.

I have two laptops in which I use AirVPN -- one runs Windows 7, the other runs Windows 8.

I'm all for purchasing the paid version of software when the feature set is useful to me.

I am running the free version of VPNCheck (Guavi.com), and I have my Comodo firewall set up per the instructions on this forum to eliminate DNS leaks.

I was wondering about the other features of VPNCheck Pro -- MAC address hiding, and Computer ID hiding. I didn't see any forum posts on either of these topics, and I was wondering 1) whether these two features are useful and/or relevant when the software is used in conjunction with the AirVPN software, and 2) whether there are free alternatives that do the same thing.

I have two laptops in which I use AirVPN -- one runs Windows 7, the other runs Windows 8.

Hello!

The MAC Address of your computer network card never gets out of your internal network anyway. About the computer ID, what does it mean?

Kind regards

That was what I was trying to figure out. Below is a paste from their website (http://www.guavi.com/vpncheck_pro.php):

Unique features:

Auto-login to OpenVPN, PTPP and L2TP

DNS leak fix (Prevent ISP monitoring & Data leaks) More info

Close programs or network when VPN crash

Options to close or autorun each application

Unlimited programs supported

Virtualization support for VMware and Virtualbox

Detect if Local IP changes for router VPN pass through

Computer ID protection:

Security against WiFi WPA/WPA2 backdoors

Prevent various Computer ID fishing techniques

Auto create new computer ID

Reminder to change computer ID automatically or manually

Why is Computer ID protection important?

... is anything from the "Pro" version useful or relevant to an AirVPN user? So far I am leaning towards no, but the whole MAC address and computer ID got me wondering.

Hello!

MAC address is totally irrelevant (unless you're on a public WiFi hot spot and you don't wish that the hot spot administrators see your real network card MAC address) while computer ID may be interesting, do they say exactly what they mean with computer ID?

Kind regards

That was what I was trying to figure out. Below is a paste from their website (http://www.guavi.com/vpncheck_pro.php):

Unique features:

Auto-login to OpenVPN, PTPP and L2TP

DNS leak fix (Prevent ISP monitoring & Data leaks) More info

Close programs or network when VPN crash

Options to close or autorun each application

Unlimited programs supported

Virtualization support for VMware and Virtualbox

Detect if Local IP changes for router VPN pass through

Computer ID protection:

Security against WiFi WPA/WPA2 backdoors

Prevent various Computer ID fishing techniques

Auto create new computer ID

Reminder to change computer ID automatically or manually

Why is Computer ID protection important?

... is anything from the "Pro" version useful or relevant to an AirVPN user? So far I am leaning towards no, but the whole MAC address and computer ID got me wondering.

Their site is very unprofessional, looks like the generic scamming ones, their English is also bad. Especially this "computer id" there is no such thing by any standard. You also don't need this program to prevent leaks, or block connection when the VPN goes down.