Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.48.47
Sign in to follow this  
mavham

What am I doing wrong? Can't connect through Comodo

Man, I just can't seem to figure out why I can't connect to the web or anything except my router. After installing and configuring Comodo to prevent the DNS leaks I am receiving. I thought I had everything configured correctly, but I must be missing something. I disabled Win7 firewall, pretty sure I disabled IPv6 through Windows networking center, wrote "85.17.207.151 vpn.org" to hosts file in Sys32, and thought I set up all the global rules and networking groups correctly. I've attached screenshots of the Comodo setup. Note that the Home #1 networking group and all global rules located below the block/log rule are default settings that Comodo set up during installation. I didn't delete them, but I assume that placing them below the block/log rule effectively negates them. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Man, I just can't seem to figure out why I can't connect to the web or anything except my router. After installing and configuring Comodo to prevent the DNS leaks I am receiving. I thought I had everything configured correctly, but I must be missing something. I disabled Win7 firewall, pretty sure I disabled IPv6 through Windows networking center, wrote "85.17.207.151 vpn.org" to hosts file in Sys32, and thought I set up all the global rules and networking groups correctly. I've attached screenshots of the Comodo setup. Note that the Home #1 networking group and all global rules located below the block/log rule are default settings that Comodo set up during installation. I didn't delete them, but I assume that placing them below the block/log rule effectively negates them. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Hello!

Apparently the problem is in your hosts file, the line should be:

85.17.207.151 airvpn.org

If the above does not solve your problem, can you please send us a screenshot of your Comodo Global Rules and the content of the hosts file?

Also, please note that the hosts file in Windows 7 is normally in :\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

Kind regards

Thanks. Actually, "85.17.207.151 airvpn.org" is what is written into the hosts file. I mentioned it wrong. Here are the screen shots of the Comodo files. Thanks again for your help!

Thanks. Actually, "85.17.207.151 airvpn.org" is what is written into the hosts file. I mentioned it wrong. Here are the screen shots of the Comodo files. Thanks again for your help!

Hello!

There's only a screenshot of the content of the hosts file, anyway it might be enough.

The '#' symbol at the beginning of a line in the hosts file means that the line is commented out. It will not be evaluated.

Therefore, please edit again the hosts file, delete the '#' symbols on the lines pertaining to airvpn.org and save the file.

Kind regards

Man, that's those are the kinds of things I miss. Thanks so much. I attached a shot of the network groups (and tried to attach rules) to my original post. I'll try attaching a shot of the rules to this one. I tried attaching all three to my last reply, but only the hosts shot came through. Don't know why. Thanks once again!

I corrected the hosts file, and now I appear to be able to connect to my ISP, but not to AIRvpn. Here is the global rules screenshot. I included a shot of the network groups configuration in my original post. Thanks again!

@mavham

Hello!

The [AIRvpn server addresses] network zone is wrongly defined. It must include the entry-IP addresses (not the exit-IP) of the Air servers you wish to connect to. No OpenVPN clients connections are allowed on the exit-IP. If you have issues in finding the entry-IP addresses with our configuration generator, please do not hesitate to contact us in private (menu "Support"->"Contact us").

Kind regards

Got it! Thanks again so much!

I am still suffering from the same DNS leaks, though. I see 3 google servers in genmany, 3 google servers in US, and 5 servers from my ISP. What next?