Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.254.122
Sign in to follow this  
Anand

Running AirVPN client at startup on Vista?

Hi,

Hope this is not a FAQ... Is it possible to write a script with the appropriate Windows tool to automatically launch the client at startup? It must be run in Administrator mode anyway and it can save the login password so I think it is... Thanks.

Anand wrote:

Hi,

Hope this is not a FAQ... Is it possible to write a script with the appropriate Windows tool to automatically launch the client at startup? It must be run in Administrator mode anyway and it can save the login password so I think it is... Thanks.

Hello!

Maybe this could help? http://grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=6526

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Hi,

Thanks but not what I meant, that works when an user log into the system, I would like to run the client at system startup (as a kind of service for instance), seen each PC can run just one instance of it anyway. That would let the PC to automatically connect to AirVPN at startup and use AirVPN on all connections (Windows Update included for instance) from the very beginning. That would be a good thing. Dunno how the tool is called in English, but that is its path:

%SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /s

I think it'is called Task Scheduler?

Unfortunately it has lots of options, not the easiest program to be run by a normal user... Also I don't know if that way I can choose server and port, AirVPN client can accept command-line arguments?

I'll make some test myself...

@anand

Hello!

Ok, then you should use the OpenVPN client and run it as a service at startup. This thread can help you:

http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/3645-making-openvpn-client-connection-startup-windows-xp.html#post84306

Please note that when you download an .ovpn config file from us and launch OpenVPN client, you don't need to insert password (this is good otherwise that method would not work). Keep in mind that you must take care to protect your user.key file from unauthorized access and you must not give it to anyone.

You can change servers and ports keeping various configuration files and selecting the proper one (you can generate as many as you wish with out configuration generator, menu "Member"-->"Access without our client") when running the OpenVPN client as a service.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins