Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.217.163
Sign in to follow this  
JamesDean

VPN Chaining?

Is it possible to chain one AirVPN server, to another VPN provider, using OpenVPN on the same Windows host? I have managed to install a second TAP adapter and have access to another VPN provider. I can get both to connect, but IP and Traceroutes only show the Air server. Instructions found online, state to set 'Always Connected' in the second TAP adapter...but I am having zero success getting 'two hop' connectivity. It seems no traffic is flowing through the second VPN.

Thanks

Is it possible to chain one AirVPN server, to another VPN provider, using OpenVPN on the same Windows host? I have managed to install a second TAP adapter and have access to another VPN provider. I can get both to connect, but IP and Traceroutes only show the Air server. Instructions found online, state to set 'Always Connected' in the second TAP adapter...but I am having zero success getting 'two hop' connectivity. It seems no traffic is flowing through the second VPN.

Thanks,

J

Hello!

As far as this admin knows no, it is not possible on Windows with our setup and our server pushes.

You can anyway achieve the same purpose by running a VM and performing an OpenVPN connection on the host and a different OpenVPN connection on the guest OS. Connect the guest OS to the host via NAT, not bridged mode. In this way in the guest OS you will have connections over OpenVPN over OpenVPN.

Kind regards