Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.81.240
Sign in to follow this  
jptor1234

[SOLVED] firefox will not recognize bitcoin protocol - so I can't spend my bitcoins I have at blockchain

anyone know how to fix? this should be so simple it seems stupid to be running into this issue? has to be a simple setting or plugin but can't find a simple clear answer

anyone know how to fix? this should be so simple it seems stupid to be running into this issue? has to be a simple setting or plugin but can't find a simple clear answer

Hello!

If the protocol "bitcoin" is not associated to any program, you can anyway deliver the transfer by just copying the account number to which you wish to deliver BTC and paste it in the Bitcoin client while performing the payment.

Kind regards

I did exactly as Admin suggested without any issues. I made a post yesterday in the Bitcoin thread lower on this page. Easy as can be!!

I was using Firefox and didn't even try to do anything other than pasting in the transfer numbers into the Bitcoin client window. Took about 2 seconds.

If you have a Bitcoin address that you have control over, you can send and receive BTC without a problem. I use the actual Bitcoin client, since your participation adds to the integrity of the network and you can change your address for every transaction. That maximizes anonymity and prevents tracking of previous transactions, making them untraceable to you. But Blockchain is excellent for tracking transaction verifications for when you're away from your computer where your client is installed. I use it for that purpose- not as a wallet. But whatever floats your boat.

thanks for your help, a little confusing first time thru, I did cut and paste into my bitcoin client and everything went smoothly....

If you have a Bitcoin address that you have control over, you can send and receive BTC without a problem. I use the actual Bitcoin client, since your participation adds to the integrity of the network and you can change your address for every transaction. That maximizes anonymity and prevents tracking of previous transactions, making them untraceable to you. But Blockchain is excellent for tracking transaction verifications for when you're away from your computer where your client is installed. I use it for that purpose- not as a wallet. But whatever floats your boat.

That is why I mentioned that Blockchain (for me) is great especially for a one time use "wallet". Now I move on and never return to THAT wallet again. Its empty and non-traceable (fake name, #, etc...) as long as you do your "homework" on maintaining an anonymous internet connection while using it.

I could create another wallet and renew my subscription in a few minutes next year. I love the anonymity of Bitcoins.