Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.130.24
Sign in to follow this  
sunnymorning

got an intersted question from a good friend of mine , its about two hop routes

AirVPN offers two-hop routes, but Private Internet Access only has one-hop routes. And I see that AirVPN has added more exit nodes.

On that AirVPN status page, it says under Routing:

"Internal servers, used for double-hop to avoid geolocation censorship. Not available for direct connections."

Maybe I'm wrong, and that's just misleading language.

AirVPN offers two-hop routes, but Private Internet Access only has one-hop routes. And I see that AirVPN has added more exit nodes.

On that AirVPN status page, it says under Routing:

"Internal servers, used for double-hop to avoid geolocation censorship. Not available for direct connections."

Maybe I'm wrong, and that's just misleading language.

Hello!

Double-hop is performed ONLY to bypass geographical location based discrimination. For example, to access BBC iPlayer from any server in the world, even a non-UK one.

Anyway, all our VPN servers have different entry and exit-IP addresses to prevent some types of correlation attacks and you can perform multi-hopping (if you need that additional anonymity layer at the price of a performance hit) with OpenVPN over OpenVPN (you'll need two accounts if you wish to perform double-hop with two Air servers) or OpenVPN over TOR, or TOR over OpenVPN https://airvpn.org/tor

Kind regards