Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.218.230
Sign in to follow this  
99zeros

Problems with Bittorrent

Greetings,

I am having problems only with bittorrent. I am able to connect to AirVPN, Internet access works, but when I try to use Bittorrent, it connects, it is able to update the number of seeds/leeches on my pending torrents, but will not download. I have port forwarding set up, there is no port forwarding on my router. When I run the checks within utorrent, it all checks out fine. When I check button on "your forwarded ports" on the AirVPN check, it goes green.

I dont have scheduling set up within utorrent. I have even installed Vuze as a test, it has the same problem. Everything seems to connect fine, but no downloading.

Ideas?

Thanks

Hello!

Account 99zeros is not on premium status, so you should not be able to connect to VPN servers with that account. Probably you're trying with another account in premium status, but we can't help you properly if we don't know the account name. As a general recommendation, please make sure that no program (check especially firewall, antivirus, PeerGuardian, PeerBlock and Malwarebytes) is blocking incoming packets for torrent clients.

Kind regards

I am paid.... When I go under Member Area, Your Details it says

Hi 99zeros, you are a Premium Member.

I am paid.... When I go under Member Area, Your Details it says

Hi 99zeros, you are a Premium Member.

Hello!

You are right, forget the above.

Often the problem you describe is caused by Windows firewall. Even if you authorize an application on Windows firewall, it can block the same application on different networks. Can you please check that (if you run Windows firewall)? For testing purposes you can disable the firewall and try again.

If you're not running Windows firewall, can you please check that your firewall, as well as your antivirus, are not blocking incoming packets for your torrent clients?

Kind regards

For testing purposes I have windows firewall disabled. I have tried disabling AV. I dont really have anything else on the system, besides the bit torrent clients that I have tried. It is a dedicated machine.

For testing purposes I have windows firewall disabled. I have tried disabling AV. I dont really have anything else on the system, besides the bit torrent clients that I have tried. It is a dedicated machine.

Hello!

Does it happen on every server you have tried? Can you please give us a list of the servers where the problem occurs?

Kind regards

OK, for testing purposes I moved my router in to my office. I am now hard wired, I have had some speed issues with my wireless and wanted to throw that out of the mix. I have a solid connection. I get 15MB disconnected from AirVPN and 3.5MB while connected. Still same issue.

currently I am on 94.185.85.171, but really I have tried a bunch of servers.

Hello!

Can you tell us which servers, ports and protocols? 3.5 MB/s (28 Mbit/s) is anyway a very good performance, some 100 Mbit/s servers will not be able to give you more. Try 1 Gbit/s servers on different ports, especially 53 UDP. Also, can you send us your client logs?

Kind regards