Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.100.42
Sign in to follow this  
sunnymorning

got another question ive meant to ask , why does ... allow 3pcs connected and airvpn just one , whats the reasoning behind it, ive never understood

id love to know , please elaborate , is it cause airvpn isnt making enough ? , cause it should be easy to give it a 3pc limit as well , if ... can do it , sure airvpn should be able to do so as well

id love to know , please elaborate , is it cause airvpn isnt making enough ? , cause it should be easy to give it a 3pc limit as well , if ... can do it , sure airvpn should be able to do so as well

Hello!

Our business model is based on various important factors, amongst which a guaranteed allocated bandwidth, transparency (see our real time servers monitor) and total absence of overselling. These are the main reasons for which we allow one single connection per account. In order to connect multiple devices simultaneously with one account, you need a gateway which runs OpenVPN (such as a computer with two network cards, a DD-WRT/Tomato router...). All the other devices connected to the "gateway" will use the tunnel transparently. What we want to avoid, in order to provide a premium service, is a variable number of connections from one account from different networks, which would cause several issues to our model.

Please consider that the competitor you cited (snipped out by this admin, in order to avoid bad or good advertising to them) provides just 3 servers in 3 countries, no real time servers monitor and no guaranteed allocated bandwidth.

Kind regards

i see , well thanks for clearing that up for me , thats all i wanted really know actually , and its no problem about the 3 vs 1 connection allowed , it dont really bother me anyhow since as you said one just has to setup a main router thats used as internet gateway for all devices

Install Toastman's Tomato (see my guide), or DD-WRT on your router. I have 9 devices on my network that connect to the internet through my own router- all of them securely via AirVPN. You can easily do the same without paying a nickel extra. All you need is some time. And a brain.

dd wrt what is this?

I have to buy a router that is capable of configuring

vpn?

Could send me the link so I can see one?

might as well use router with airvpn + another company vpn ?

thank you

dd wrt what is this?

I have to buy a router that is capable of configuring

vpn?

Hello!

"DD-WRT is a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a great variety of WLAN routers and embedded systems."

http://www.dd-wrt.com

Kind regards