Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.168.16
Sign in to follow this  
Seeker999

Not reachable on server IP over the external port 51305, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out

I am having issues with getting a green icon for uTorrent using AirVPN. I've read the forum and have tried both options discussed:

* Forwarding the port at only AirVPN (with "enable UPnP port mapping" and "Enable NAT-PMP port mapping" turned off in uTorrent as well as all port forwarding on my router removed) and,

* Removing all port forwarding and turning "enable UPnP port mapping" and "Enable NAT-PMP port mapping" on in uTorrent.

I can get a green icon if I am not using AirVPN and forward my port on my router.

Current setup (for first option)

Windows 7

AirVPN using US server (not the two with issues)

uTorrent client: enable UPnP port mapping - disabled, Enable NAT-PMP port mapping - disabled, Add Windows Firewall exception - enabled

McAfee firewall with uTorrent and AirVPN given full access

Netgear WNDR3700 router - no ports forwarded for VPN

Hello!

When you connect to a server and you have 30-40 minutes available to remain connected, please warn us and we'll check the port forwarding to your account IP directly from the server in real time.

Kind regards

OK I have just connected it back. I try to leave it running 24 hours, but each time I come home I find it has disconnected.

If you can provide feedback on that as well it would be appreciated. While my ISP does cycle the IP addresses it is only once per week and so far I have been seen disconnections multiple times per day on various days.

As an update, the configuration that I showed in the Forum I could not get to work. I've switched it the following based on a comment in the Forum on a similar thread:

Windows 7

AirVPN using US server (not the two with issues)

uTorrent client: enable UPnP port mapping - enabled, Enable NAT-PMP port mapping - enabled, Add Windows Firewall exception - enabled

McAfee firewall with uTorrent and AirVPN given full access

Netgear WNDR3700 router - no ports forwarded for VPN

AirVPN - no ports forwarded

The uTorrent application is downloading and seeding, and I have a green icon. So it looks like this is the way to go.

The uTorrent application is downloading and seeding, and I have a green icon. So it looks like this is the way to go.

Hello!

Excellent, you don't need to do anything else. In order to try to have a more stable connection you might try connections to TCP ports, at the price of a performance hit. Normally there are no problems with UDP OpenVPN connections (see our servers monitor to verify how long clients remain connected) but if you have packet loss or latency issue intermittently, a TCP connection may help.

Kind regards

AirVPN Support Team