Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.202.54
Sign in to follow this  
twosheds

[SOLVED] "Access reserved to AirVPN Staff"?? Octanis and Vega dead?

Hi, this is my first experience with a VPN service. It has been OK so far. I have chosen the servers Octanis and Vega in the past, despite their unreliability, they are far closer to my location than other servers, so I tried to choose them.

Today I was having some issues and noticed the VPN had dropped. When I tried to reconnect repeatedly with no results I checked AirVpn's website and saw the error message "Access reserved to AirVPN Staff". I then checked the list of servers in the member area and to my surprise, those two were gone from the list.

Is this something I should expect?? The company randomly pulling servers with no notification to their users and cryptic error messages? This seems very unprofessional to me and frustrating since I have paid for this service. I now am not sure if I will renew my subscription. But since it is my first time using a VPN maybe this is the norm. I just wish that somehow I was notified so I did not have this down time.

Hi, this is my first experience with a VPN service. It has been OK so far. I have chosen the servers Octanis and Vega in the past, despite their unreliability, they are far closer to my location than other servers, so I tried to choose them.

Hello!

Yes, we have noted recurring problems with Vega and Octantis in the past days. They are related to the provider's infrastructure: lines go down and the server get isolated from the world for several minutes or even hours, like today. If the problem will not be solved soon, we'll seriously consider to dismiss Vega and Octantis. Now Vega and Octantis are up and running.

Is this something I should expect?? The company randomly pulling servers with no notification to their users and cryptic error messages? This seems very unprofessional to me and frustrating since I have paid for this service. I now am not sure if I will renew my subscription. But since it is my first time using a VPN maybe this is the norm. I just wish that somehow I was notified so I did not have this downtime.

Just like with any service in the world, failures happen beyond the human ability to control reality. Anyway we notify about problems both in the real time servers monitor (with appropriate messages), the forum and Twitter in case of major problems.

Kind regards

I'm not really upset about the downtime, because that happens, but that the servers were willingly removed from the page with no explanation or notification, just a cryptic error message. You don't have control over downtime, but you do have control over whether you actually disable a VPN.

Your Twitter hasn't been updated for a while and doesn't seem to have anything relating to outages. Could you direct me to a forum post regarding the issues you were having with these servers? Because I couldn't find one, which is why I made this post. And with the error message I was getting, "Reserved for AirVPN staff" is not really a proper or helpful notification.

I still am not too inclined to renew my account if the company isn't more active about updates regarding servers - and if you're actually taking down servers, that's something that you should be aware of, unlike a server going down in the night and no one's aware of it.

I'm not really upset about the downtime, because that happens, but that the servers were willingly removed from the page with no explanation or notification, just a cryptic error message. You don't have control over downtime, but you do have control over whether you actually disable a VPN.

Your Twitter hasn't been updated for a while and doesn't seem to have anything relating to outages. Could you direct me to a forum post regarding the issues you were having with these servers? Because I couldn't find one, which is why I made this post. And with the error message I was getting, "Reserved for AirVPN staff" is not really a proper or helpful notification.

I still am not too inclined to renew my account if the company isn't more active about updates regarding servers - and if you're actually taking down servers, that's something that you should be aware of, unlike a server going down in the night and no one's aware of it.

Hello!

We thought that "Reserved for AirVPN staff" was clear enough, but if it's not we'll be glad to modify it.

The servers showed in the servers monitor page and in the configuration generator are the available servers for connections. If a server has problems you will see on that page an error status inside the server box. If a server is not shown there, it is not available anymore. If a server is withdrawn for ever or if its problems persist we publish an announcement on the forum.

Finally, if all frontends are unavailable for forum access (emergency cases which should never happen, for example all frontends or all backends are down) we make announcements on Twitter.

Theoretically, if a server goes down it should never happen that we are not aware of it, because our monitoring system sends the support team (via mail, IM and SMS) warnings and reports every 5 minutes. However it may take several minutes to understand the nature of the problem.

Kind regards