Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.224.197
Sign in to follow this  
stevelintott

Open VPN Client

So I'm a noob so bear with me !,

I downloaded both the air vpn and the open vpn,but how do i know that the open vpn is running correctly as there are no lights flashing on the two computer symbols ! Will this run automatically or do i have to do something as your starter guide is very vague about this.

Steve

So I'm a noob so bear with me !,

I downloaded both the air vpn and the open vpn,but how do i know that the open vpn is running correctly as there are no lights flashing on the two computer symbols ! Will this run automatically or do i have to do something as your starter guide is very vague about this.

Steve

Hello!

If you use the OpenVPN GUI, the computer "screens" (the OpenVPN GUI dock icon) should turn green when a connection to a VPN server is established successfully (they never flash). If you use the Air client, the Air client dock icon is gray if your system is not connected, and it's a white cloud on a blue sky while the system is connected.

By the way, please browse to https://airvpn.org and check the bottom central box (do not use a proxy or TOR when you perform this check). If it's green (stating "Connected" and an Air server name) your system is connected, if it's red it's not.

Kind regards

Ok the link you gave me the middle box turns green but on my computer the symbol for open vpn has red screens, so i assume its not working correctly !

Ok the link you gave me the middle box turns green but on my computer the symbol for open vpn has red screens, so i assume its not working correctly !

Hello!

If the middle bottom box is green your system is connected to an AirVPN server. Maybe you have connected with the Air client and THEN you launched the OpenVPN GUI?

Kind regards

Ok so what you are saying is that if the middle box is green the open vpn is working even if the 2 comp screen symbols stay red, please confirm this.

Ok so what you are saying is that if the middle box is green the open vpn is working even if the 2 comp screen symbols stay red, please confirm this.

Hello!

No, it is a slighty different matter. You were asked whether you had launched the Air client before launching the OpenVPN GUI because in that case, if you connected with the Air client, a first instance of OpenVPN would have established the connection. Then, if you launched the OpenVPN GUI, it would just display the red monitors in the dock icon, because no OpenVPN started by the GUI was launched.

You have a central bottom box which is green, therefore your system is connected. The fact that the OpenVPN GUI dock icon shows red monitors might be explained by the fact that you previously connected with the Air client. Did you connect your system with the Air client and THEN you launched the OpenVPN GUI?

Kind regards