Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.153.69
Sign in to follow this  
HurderDurder

Log entries

Just a quick question. Running AirVPN on x86 DD-WRT. Works great. Love the service both the help and fact I'm getting what I pay for +++.

I have some odd log entries and would like to rectify them.

20130105 13:13:55 N write UDPv4 [EMSGSIZE Path-MTU=1500]: Message too long (code=90)

20130105 13:13:56 N write UDPv4 [EMSGSIZE Path-MTU=1500]: Message too long (code=90)

20130105 13:13:56 N write UDPv4 [EMSGSIZE Path-MTU=1500]: Message too long (code=90)

20130105 13:13:57 NOTE: --mute triggered...

I've read some where on here how to fix this but I just can't find the posts again. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hello!

Probably you're looking for this thread in the OpenVPN community forum:

https://forums.openvpn.net/topic8279.html

If you get a lot of "Message too long" you may consider to apply mssfix and fragment directives. If you have only sporadic packet fragmentation, probably you don't need them.

In case you have massive packet loss in addition to fragmentation (and only in this case) you might like to try a TCP connection and also check your ethernet cable (or wifi card and router/access point).

Kind regards

Thank you for the reply. You were right, that was the OpenVPN forum post.

Reading it again, and your suggestions I did more digging. I followed the trouble shooting ideas and found pinging 1390 was the highest I could go before packet failure. I adjusted the MTU in the DD-WRT GUI. This caused more issues and even more similar log entries as previously reported. That obviously didn't work.

So more digging and I was looking up how to "apply mssfix and fragment directives" as suggested. I had never tried this and had no idea how to. In my research I found an obscure post on the DD-Wrt forums. It suggested I adjust the LZO compression to enable. In my version I set it at Adaptive to make it work.

After testing today I found no more Log entries as above.

Thanks for your help and pointing me I the right direction.

Spoke to soon. As soon as I fired up uTorrent I get a string of the same MTU errors. Can you point me to a place I can learn to use mssfix? Thanks