Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.173.227
Sign in to follow this  
jimdasaint

Port forwarding for seeding

Newbie Question:

I have my Mac's uTorrent configuration set at "incoming TCP port" to 60789 and also added it to Members > Forwarded Ports with UDP and TCP option

However my seeding is not happening although I see a lot of peers waiting at each torrent.

Is there something else need to be configured in order to seed properly

Newbie Question:

I have my Mac's uTorrent configuration set at "incoming TCP port" to 60789 and also added it to Members > Forwarded Ports with UDP and TCP option

However my seeding is not happening although I see a lot of peers waiting at each torrent.

Is there something else need to be configured in order to seed properly

Hello!

The problem is that you remapped a remotely forwarded port to a different local port. This is a special case where a local port remapping can not work, because the swarm will try to reach the p2p client on the local port instead of the remotely forwarded "public" port.

Please forward a port and do not remap it to a local port. Then set your uTorrent to listen to the same remotely forwarded port. Finally make sure that the option to randomize the listening port every time uTorrent runs is not active.

Kind regards

So if I understand correctly I should have used not the established "incoming TCP port" number (60789) in uTorrent preferences but should have replaced with the one generated by the server on "Members > Forwarded Ports" page received as the "Reachable on server IP over the external port 6534 ? So 60789 listening port gets replaced by 6534 number?

So if I understand correctly I should have used not the established "incoming TCP port" number (60789) in uTorrent preferences but should have replaced with the one generated by the server on "Members > Forwarded Ports" page received as the "Reachable on server IP over the external port 6534 ? So 60789 listening port gets replaced by 6534 number?

Hello!

Please:

- forward a TCP & UDP port

- do not remap it to any local port

- configure uTorrent to listen to the above port number

- make sure to start uTorrent AFTER you have connected to the VPN

Kind regards