Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.121.242
Sign in to follow this  
dukenduke

Download speed issues

I have a problem with utorrent speed download, at the moment it is about 0.5/0.8 kB per second. I have set a port in forwarded ports link page and then set it in my torrent client (and yes this port isnt forwarded in my router) but the client doesnt work.

So any suggestion?

I have a problem with the download speed in utorrent, the maximum i have reached is 40kB/s but normaly is around 1kB/s. Like your faqs says i have set a new forwarded port in the approprate link page and that set it in my torrent client but it doenst work.

Any suggestion?

I'm at the main public library in Calgary connected to their lan via ethernet, I get 16 ms pings with 60 meg download and upload speeds but they have some gaming ports blocked so I been using airvpn...... the performance is so shitty I can't even play a game, 999ms pings with 156kb speed tests. I am starting to doubt my purchase.

If you're using openvpn on a router flashed with dd-wrt or tomato, in order to forward a port you need to add something like:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p tcp --dport 12345 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.50

to the firewall script.

tun1 is the name of the tunnel interface (dd-wrt uses tun1, tomato uses tun11 and tun12)

12345 is the port

192.168.1.50 is the internal machine running your torrent client

I'm at the main public library in Calgary connected to their lan via ethernet, I get 16 ms pings with 60 meg download and upload speeds but they have some gaming ports blocked so I been using airvpn...... the performance is so shitty I can't even play a game, 999ms pings with 156kb speed tests. I am starting to doubt my purchase.

Hello!

Try to change connection port, chances are that the public library caps bandwidth on 443 UDP. If your only purpose for the VPN is playing online games in a public library which tries to block online gaming (maybe for a good reason, under a public library point of view?), also evaluate whether to ask for a full refund. In any case, the problem is on your "shitty" side, not on our servers. Our servers have top hardware and are located in network neutral datacenters with Points Of Presence directly connected to tier1 providers.

Kind regards

If you're using openvpn on a router flashed with dd-wrt or tomato, in order to forward a port you need to add something like:

<code>iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p tcp --dport 12345 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.50</code>

i'm not using a router flashed with dd-wrt or tomato.

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p tcp --dport 12345 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.50

Hello!

Before anything else, please try connections to different ports (try 80 TCP and 53 UDP) just to make sure that your ISP is not capping bandwidth on outbound port 443 UDP (port shaping).

Kind regards

<code>iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p tcp --dport 12345 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.50</code>

Hello!

Before anything else, please try connections to different ports (try 80 TCP and 53 UDP) just to make sure that your ISP is not capping bandwidth on outbound port 443 UDP (port shaping).

Kind regards

I have tried different ports on some servers but same result.

Hello!

Do you have a green token on your torrent client (i.e. is the client able to receive incoming packets)? Also, please make sure that you are not running anything that can impair performance: PeerGuardian/PeerBlock, Malwarebytes, misbehaving antivirus and similar programs. Finally, please check your firewall logs in order to determine whether your client is blocked by it when inside the VPN.

Kind regards

Hello!

Do you have a green token on your torrent client (i.e. is the client able to receive incoming packets)?

Yes i have it.

Also, please make sure that you are not running anything that can impair performance: PeerGuardian/PeerBlock, Malwarebytes, misbehaving antivirus and similar programs. Finally, please check your firewall logs in order to determine whether your client is blocked by it when inside the VPN.

Kind regards

At the moment i have installed only comodo and avira antivirus but avira is disabled like win 7 firewall, checking firewall logs.

Thank you for your answer.

I have a problem with the download speed in utorrent, the maximum i have reached is 40kB/s but normaly is around 1kB/s. Like your faqs says i have set a new forwarded port in the approprate link page and that set it in my torrent client but it doenst work.

Any suggestion?

Have you disabled uTP bandwidth management? Having it enabled drastically slows my download speed in uTorrent when connected through the VPN. I was getting the kind of performance you describe.

Any suggestion?

Disabled uTP bandwidth management in utorrent. I had the similar performance to what you describe when its enabled.

Any suggestion?

Disabled uTP bandwidth management in utorrent. I had the similar performance to what you describe when its enabled.

uTP already disabled.

Btw i have changed server and port and now utorrent works very well.