Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.193.129
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbj

Router w/DD-WRT vs Computer alone

Guest rbj

Currently I don't have a DD-WRT router. But if I get one set-up I can only enter one server into the router, not all the servers, correct? But all the household computers connected to the router will be protected by AirVPN.

But if I run Air on one machine, I can change servers anytime I please but only for that one machine. I got that part down.

Am I correct about the router setup please?

Currently I don't have a DD-WRT router. But if I get one set-up I can only enter one server into the router, not all the servers, correct? But all the household computers connected to the router will be protected by AirVPN.

Hello!

With the DD-WRT OpenVPN web interface, you'll need to change manually the Air server entry-IP address your router connects to each time you wish to switch server. You can automate the procedure with scripts and different configuration file.

When you connect a router to an Air server, all the devices connected to the router (unless you apply Policy Routing, i.e. you set multiple routing tables to tell the router to VPN-tunnel only some devices) will tunnel their traffic transparently (even those that do not support OpenVPN, of course).

Kind regards

Yes, to change servers you have to manually change the IP in the router settings. However, it still only takes about the same time as if you do it using the computer client.