Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.126.74
Sign in to follow this  
8IIIIIIIIIIID

TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 not installing properly?

I'm a major noob, but hoping to learn

Upon installing AirVPN and OpenVPN the adapter's driver has a yellow triangle in device manager and AirVPN fails to connect... I tried installing an earlier version of OpenVPN (2.1.0) and that driver installs ok but AirVPN isn't compatible with that version of OpenVPN and insists that I upgrade OpenVPN to use it. I've tried reinstalling several times but the driver remains an issue.

Haven't come across this on the forums after hours of searching.. I'm running windows 7 64-bit. Please help.

Hello!

Can you please tell us the error that Windows 7 reports when you try to install OpenVPN 2.2.2?

Kind regards

Wow that was fast! OpenVPN appeared to install fine but that adapter didn't. In device manager it said:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source."

I've literally just fixed it somehow by downloading a few certificates (?) and then updating the driver. It's frustrating because I'm not sure exactly what I did. Thanks anyway I might need some more help soon lol