Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.86.155
Sign in to follow this  

uTorrent leak ?

Hello ;-)

I've setup comodo as precribed and it works as expected: the firewall blocks all connection attempts outside the VPN.

I however find here and there in the firewall events of comodo a few rules blocked:

From my local IP (192.168.1.12) port 43608 ---> outside IP (92.82.187.xx) port 29866

You will notice that it is my local IP and not the TAP-win32 adapter IP.

The port 43608 is just fine as this is what I set in uTorrent and in my airvpn account.

Everything is OK as this rule is blocked so no leaks and utorrent works as expected BUT, why do I have a few recurring outbound blocked attempts like these ?

Thanks for reviewing your setup and tell me if this also happens to you.

Hello!

Maybe (this is just speculation) uTorrent is trying to punch your own router NAT. Comodo will block these attempts as you have noticed. We will further investigate this strange behavior anyway: what is the exact uTorrent version you're running?

EDIT: from what you can see on the Comodo firewall events logs, is the blocked packet coming from uTorrent?

Kind regards

utorrent 3.2 build 277308

blocked packets come from windows operating system

Thank you for the information.

We'll try to reproduce the behavior in the next days and we will keep you informed.

Kind regards

"The port 43608 is just fine as this is what I set in uTorrent and in my airvpn account."

You don't need to set any port forwarding in your airvpn account for mutorrent to work, since mutorrent punches connections through automatically just fine.

In fact, just the opposite is true: if you set the forwarded port in airvpn to your mutorrent incoming port, it will screw things up for mutorrent, and mutorrent might not work very well at all. (I have tried this.)

Maybe this has something to do with the strange connection attempts from your real IP.