Not connected, Your IP: 3.148.109.101
Sign in to follow this  
Pestermess

ANSWERED qBittorrent Connectable, but AirVPN Test Port Error Code 110

Posted ... (edited)

Hi everyone! I’m new to port forwarding and VPNs, and I’ve recently joined some private trackers that require a port-forwardable VPN. I’m having a bit of trouble figuring things out and could really use some help.

I’m currently using qBittorrent, which shows as connectable, but when I run the test port on AirVPN, I get an error code 110. I’ve followed a few online tutorials, but I’m still confused about what I might be doing wrong.

If anyone has Discord or another way to chat, I’d really appreciate the opportunity to ask some questions. I’m also just starting to learn about Docker, so any guidance would mean a lot to me. Thank you so much in advance!

AirVPN-Forum.png

Edited ... by Pestermess
Censored the Port and IP in case I am supposed to. Still new to all of this so not taking risks lol!

@Pestermess

Hello!

By testing your port we can see that your qBittorrent program is now reachable from the Internet (on your system connected to the VPN). We suppose you resolved the problem, can you confirm? If so, can you specify for the readers how you addressed the problem?

Kind regards

On 9/29/2024 at 8:35 AM, Staff said:
@Pestermess

Hello!

By testing your port we can see that your qBittorrent program is now reachable from the Internet (on your system connected to the VPN). We suppose you resolved the problem, can you confirm? If so, can you specify for the readers how you addressed the problem?

Kind regards

I'm still having issues. I'm new to this, and I can't find any options to help. I'm getting overwhelmed using qBittorrent and Docker on my Ubuntu VM. My Windows client works fine, so I'm not sure why it's not working on Ubuntu.

2 hours ago, Pestermess said:

I'm getting overwhelmed using qBittorrent and Docker on my Ubuntu VM

Hello!

It's already a VM: in order to simplify the setup you may consider not to have an additional virtualization (a Docker's container) inside the VM at the moment. Just connect the VM (via Eddie Linux edition, for example, to make things simpler), configure and run qBittorrent directly to get acquainted with it. Please follow this guide to configure a torrent program: https://airvpn.org/faq/p2p/

Only after you have everything up and running properly in the VM you may consider the complication to run another container inside the Ubuntu virtual machine (and ask yourself: is it really necessary?).

Kind regards

@Pestermess

Hello!

An additional suggestion: upgrade your qBittorrent software if you're running an older than 5 version. In the last days various customers resolved previous network problems with qBittorrent by upgrading.

Kind regards

@Pestermess

Hello!

We can see now that your qBittorrent is reachable on all the VPN servers your systems are connected to. Can you confirm that the problem is resolved?

Kind regards

Yes. Everything is working fine now. I didn't set GLUTUN's Ports to the airVPN port.

11 hours ago, Staff said:
@Pestermess

Hello!

We can see now that your qBittorrent is reachable on all the VPN servers your systems are connected to. Can you confirm that the problem is resolved?

Kind regards