Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.40.207
Sign in to follow this  
unr3al21

TomatoUSB with NAS

Hi I am having problems with port forwarding. I have a NAS server (ASUSTOR), they provide a Cloud service for internet access straight to the drive. It uses port 8000 by default (it can be changed).

My port forwarding always timeouts on the TCP protocol giving the error "tcp protocol. Error : 111 - Connection refused" I would like to know a way to access this service while the NAS is in the VPN.

Thanks

Hi,

How can I get my NAS working through my VPN, to allow access from anywhere. The VPN seems to disable the EZ-Router settings in my NAS.

Thanks

Hi,

I cannot get access the cloud connect service (A DDNS service provided by ASUSTOR my NAS manufacturer) once connected to the VPN I cannot activate it within the NAS settings, the error being no UPNP/NAT-PMP support within the router. That's why I thought there was a port or something not open to allow this service to run through the VPN. I opened UDP port 1900 and TCP port 2869 on the VPN which are the UPNP ports and still no difference, however, I later learned that you cannot open ports lower than 2048. The 1900 port is showing as RED

I have complete the DNAT command successfully within Tomato with other ports and I get the GREEN lights not problem. This is really frustrating me as I need the UPnP/NAT-PMP service to access my NAS externally e.g. on the another internet connection.

Has anyone else had this problem if so how did you fix it? If I cannot get this working I am going to have to switch VPN provider, which is a shame as I do like the service from AVPN, it's just this service is vital to my setup.

Thanks

@unr3al21

Hello!

First of all please note that your account does not have any remotely forwarded port remapped to local port 1900.

Once you have remotely forwarded the appropriate ports in our system, make sure that the router service which should be listening behind the VPN server binds to the correct router interface (probably tun+) and listens to the correct port(s).

After that the service is reachable on :

Please note that Air servers entry and exit IP addresses are different.

Kind regards

Where do I find the Air servers exit-IP? Also is the port I use the port that is assigned automatically to me when I input 1900 in the Airvpn port forwarding or is is 1900?

Thanks

Where do I find the Air servers exit-IP? Also is the port I use the port that is assigned automatically to me when I input 1900 in the Airvpn port forwarding or is is 1900?

Thanks

Hello!

Please check the exit-IP address while you're connected to a server (for example browse to http://www.ip2location.com). In case of any doubt, feel free to ask us.

You can remotely forward a port with or without local port remap. If you don't remap the forwarded port, packets will be forwarded to the same local port.

Kind regards

Hi,

What would be the command to bind to the correct interface;

My destination IP address (95.211.XXX.XXX) uses the interface ppp0. The IP address 192.168.1.0 uses br0. Other interfaces are tun11 and lo.

Thanks

Hi,

What would be the command to bind to the correct interface;

My destination IP address (95.211.XXX.XXX) uses the interface ppp0. The IP address 192.168.1.0 uses br0. Other interfaces are tun11 and lo.

Thanks

Hello!

The correct interface is tun11. Please check that, when the router is connected to an Air server, the IP is 10.*.*.*. Please consult the manual of your router in order to determine how to bind the service you wish to tun11 (10.*.*.*).

Kind regards

So would the command look something like this:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 1900 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.*.*.*. :1900

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 1900 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.*.*.*. :1900

or

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 1900 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.*.*.*.

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 1900 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.*.*.*.

not

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 1900 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.1

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 1900 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.1

which is the LAN connection to my NAS?

Thanks Again

Hello!

Only your router/NAS is connected to the VPN, so the service you want to be reachable from the Internet must listen to tun11. The DNAT must forward ports to your devices IP address(es) (192.168...).

Kind regards