Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.255.134
Sign in to follow this  
zurahthustra

Error setting up port forwarding

I am trying to set up portforwarding to handle incoming bittorent request. But I continually get the error message "Already reserved by another user.".

This is on Serpentis and I tried a number of different combinations.

I am trying to set up portforwarding to handle incoming bittorent request. But I continually get the error message "Already reserved by another user.".

This is on Serpentis and I tried a number of different combinations.

Hello!

For a bittorrent client, just let the system pick for you a free port. Do not remap it to a local port. Leave it to "TCP & UDP". Finally, set the same port number as the listening port in your torrent client.

Kind regards

Hi,

I have followed what you have said and let the system connect to a port, and then when I put it into the utorrent program it still shows as port not open, on the web site am I to wait until it shows a green light as when hovering over it it says waiting for a "checking"

here is the message.

Not reachable on server IP over the external port xxxxx, tcp protocol. Error : 111 - Connection refused

here is the message.

Not reachable on server IP over the external port xxxxx, tcp protocol. Error : 111 - Connection refused

Hello!

Please make sure that your torrent client is running and listening to the correct port while the check is performed. When you order a port check to the system, please wait for about 30 seconds then click "Refresh".

Kind regards

Thanks for the reply.

yeah I have utorrent open and configured to see/use port 32991, That's the port that the server gave me. ???

Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ho sorted, it was a setting in Tomato, it was the following that I disabled and the port has opened in utorrent....

Thanks again.

(when enabled, UPnP clients are allowed to add mappings only to their IP)