Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.11.30
Fred H

Domains used by Eddie?

I want to use AirVPN (Eddie-UI) with Adam:ONE's "basic filter", which aggregates DNS resolvers and allows connection only if all of them agree. One or more of the resolvers is preventing connection to an AirVPN server (Eddie fails on "Checking route IPv4", and keeps trying to connect until I cancel). If domains are the problem and I add them to a bypass list then Eddie will work. If the only domain used is airvpn.org (which is already on the list) then there is some other problem, which I will address with AdamNet.

We are using this strong protection because my wife mistyped a domain name and went to a "bad place". AdamNet maintains lists of domains required by programs and, if domains are the problem, I will ask them to add AirVPN to their list. As an example, Hulu requires these domains: hulu.com, akamaihd.net, and hulustream.com.

TIA, Fred

Hello!

For bootstrap servers (special servers used to download encrypted info about VPN servers and your account) and for VPN connections toward AirVPN servers Eddie Desktop edition (Linux, Mac, Windows) never relies on domain names. When you send a system report to our infrastructure for diagnostic and technical support, Eddie needs to resolve eddie.website domain name.

Kind regards

13 hours ago, Fred H said:

Thank you. The source of my problem apparently lies elsewhere.

Hello!

Eddie also sends out data to bootstrap servers over HTTP, toward port 80. The data is encrypted. Additional checks you might like to perform are:
  • make sure that the system does not block HTTP connections without a domain name resolution (Eddie uses direct IP addresses, and this behavior can be blocked by specific security systems)
  • make sure that the system does not block encrypted data inside an HTTP flow to port 80
Also feel free to send us a system report generated by Eddie if you want that we examine what apparently goes wrong.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Thank you. Your first point sounds like it might be the source of the issue. Adam:ONE blocks new direct IP addresses (that have not already been accessed via DNS to prevent malware from "phoning home"). Once the IP's have been accessed via DNS they are allowed to pass. So the originally-requested list of domains might solve the issue.

I have attached a system report as you requested.

Fred H System Report.txt

Edited ... by Fred H

@Fred H

Hello!

No domain names exist for bootstrap server IP addresses but we see that they are not blocked, in spite of what you wrote Eddie can talk with them fine. From the report the problem is different, apparently it's the VPN connection (by WireGuard in your case) that's blocked, probably you just need to require no restriction against UDP toward one of the WireGuard ports of our servers (1637, 51820).

Kind regards