Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.137.74
Staff

Multiple fiber cuts in SG and JP

Hello!

We have been informed that:

At the moment Singapore and Tokyo are affected by multiple fiber cuts, which at peak hours cause traffic congestions. Most of the providers are affected by these outages. For now we see the that the current routing in Tokyo and Singapore is the most optimal.

Both in Singapore and Tokyo frantic work is ongoing to repair fiber lines.

As a consequence you can see sub-optimal performance on all of our servers in Singapore and Tokyo.

Kind regards

Hello!

We have been informed of the ETR for serious problems in intra-Asia and Europe to Asia connectivity to Japan and Singapore, ranging from 2024-09-04 to 2024-09-23 (!).

Kind regards

Is this something that affects the server provider there, or general connectivity to JP? I wasn't able to find anything fruitful regarding the latter, neither in English nor in Japanese.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@OpenSourcerer

Hello!

Our source is M247 only. The problem affected intra-Asia connectivity and Europe to Asia connectivity at least and was visible on the other provider in Singapore (Leaseweb SG) too. From Europe you should have been able to see for example troubles on NTT when you reached Japan and Singapore. The problem was generally limited to some notable congestion on peak times but some packet loss was visible frequently. As of yesterday night (CEST) some problems seem solved and the connectivity has improved remarkably. The last ETR reports Sep-23 but that's a worst case, it looks like some repairs were completed if you look at performance (we may ask for a new report in a few days if problems re-appear after that date).

Kind regards