Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.248.252

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

Wurren is a 10Gbps server with little load, however the speeds are not that great and it is performing very poorly despite having no issues listed on the Servers page. Using Wireguard, this is what I'm seeing:
image.png.d72a751d7cf06af92cd47139d2306e81.png
Without the VPN:
image.png.da15c452fc626bec5543264e8078388d.png
Using Haedus for comparison:
image.png.a2b2a6d0a0bff2036ae3724d123e5b43.png

I'm trying to migrate away Haedus but I don't think Wurren is performing as well as it should even though I'm close to it geographically. I'm wondering if you can take a look at this.

Thank you.

Edited ... by thewaythatyouseeme
Edited speed of Wurren server

@thewaythatyouseeme

Hello!

Can you please test with different MTU, ranging from 1280 to 1420 bytes, and for each value check whether performance improves? We can currently reach more than 500 Mbit/s from Italy, which is more than decent if you consider a connection from another continent. We also see right now from the "top user" tables that high speeds can be reached on Wurren (check the Top 100).

Kind regards

Hello!

Not a serious variation, probably it's not an MTU problem. Switch to another server on a different location, to enhance likelihood of good peering, as Wurren routinely provides high speed to most users and therefore we can reasonably rule out any serious problem on its local or transit provider network.

Kind regards