Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.138.179

Hello,

It took me some time but I'm really warming up to AirVPN. I've just configured my first wireguard tunnel on pfsense. I created two VPN devices in the client area for the same physical machine: one for all OpenVPN connections and a new one for the wireguard connection. Am I right that I need to add another VPN device for every wireguard tunnel please?

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, CharlesFromANR said:

Hello,

It took me some time but I'm really warming up to AirVPN. I've just configured my first wireguard tunnel on pfsense. I created two VPN devices in the client area for the same physical machine: one for all OpenVPN connections and a new one for the wireguard connection. Am I right that I need to add another VPN device for every wireguard tunnel please?

Thanks.

It used to be that you could use the same "device" for openvpn for multiple connections to the same server so long as you connect to different ports.  I'm not sure if that's the same for wireguard... Because, as I'm sure you've realized, with wireguard, you have that pesky tunnel address that isn't auto created when you connect like with openvpn.

So, yes, you have to make a new "device" for each wireguard tunnel you want to have on your pfsense box.

But, the good news is that if you want to switch to a different AirVPN server, whether it's openvpn or wireguard, all you have to do is change the IP address of the endpoint/server.  (with wireguard you need to disable the peer first, in my experience)